Homekitlink siri weirdness

Posted on
Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:13 am
docbjr offline

I am able to publish devices to Home, but it doesn't work correctly. I can have Siri control a device just fine, but Home does not show what happened until I click on the device on Home. Then it shows the state of the device.

I imagine that this is the problem...

HomeKitLink Siri Error (hap_handler.py: Function: _pair_verify_two line: 547): Error : Message : ('192.168.0.156', 58266): Client 053a252b-6293-4505-b081-68c264081a92 attempted pair verify without being paired to HomeKitLink Bridge 376265 first.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
TIA

Posted on
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:11 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Homekitlink siri weirdness

docbjr wrote:
I am able to publish devices to Home, but it doesn't work correctly. I can have Siri control a device just fine, but Home does not show what happened until I click on the device on Home. Then it shows the state of the device.

I imagine that this is the problem...

HomeKitLink Siri Error (hap_handler.py: Function: _pair_verify_two line: 547): Error : Message : ('192.168.0.156', 58266): Client 053a252b-6293-4505-b081-68c264081a92 attempted pair verify without being paired to HomeKitLink Bridge 376265 first.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
TIA
Broadly something is wrong with your Home installation.

Few questions
What version of HomeKitLinkSiri (the pre-release or older?)

That error is typically because that client (192.168.0.156) tried to connect but is not compatible with the new 16,4 Homekit arch. You should be able to track down which client that is, and either remove from home or upgrade it (if possible)

Home not showing changes, may have a number of causes.
From the above incompatible client,

To (if on new 16.4) ideally needing a Hub for full function
To HomeKit bugs (some that cause this)

To HKLS Plugin device issues. (what HKLS device are you seeing this for - and presumably there is no logging information?)
If you restart the Home app - does the device update to it’s correct state?

Incorrect device states used when publishing the device to Home (from plugin in) may cause failure of updating.
It would fail completely however, and not only show up when device clicked on (that to me sounds like more of a Home bug)

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:27 am
docbjr offline

Hi,
Thanks for responding

I'm running .0.5.11

I know something is wrong with my setup. I get frequent Indigo touch disconnects, and occasional Lutron main repeater disconnects..In between those errors, things seem to work normal, except for the Homekitlinc Siri errors which don't seem to do anything(I think)

How to I find the device 192.168.0.156 (it is not the address of my modem)
Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:31 am
docbjr offline

Also,
Is there any chance that my PowerLinc modem is faulty? Yesterday I had 1 notice that said,"interface disabled" briefly.

All this happened a few days ago after I upgraded to the new HomeKit architecture.

thx

Posted on
Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:02 pm
GlennNZ offline

docbjr wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for responding

I'm running .0.5.11

I know something is wrong with my setup. I get frequent Indigo touch disconnects, and occasional Lutron main repeater disconnects..In between those errors, things seem to work normal, except for the Homekitlinc Siri errors which don't seem to do anything(I think)

How to I find the device 192.168.0.156 (it is not the address of my modem)
Thanks!
Yep,

There is a bigger problem happening here.

Client 192.168.0.56 - will need to be looked at in Router to see what client is assigned that IP address. Bearing in mind might change - so check for a recent error, to get the most uptodate IP address.
Likely to be an old Mac OSX (only ventura can upgrade, or an appletv/ipad yet to be upgraded). When you updated to 16.4 you would have received a message that these devices can access until upgraded - it will be one of them.

Other than that, you may have another network problem that this is a reflection of. That could be you powerlinc device I would guess but not sure I can troubleshoot that for you.

There are a number of reports (even here) of upgrade homekit architecture causes issues. Deleting the home from app and starting again completely would be the nuclear option. If you upgrade HKLS to the pre-release, you will be able to delete home from Home app, and then run Reset Accessory of the HKLS Bridge to enable it to reconnect to the new home you wlll need to create - if you go down this route.

Glenn

Posted on
Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:33 am
Ian offline

I am also having a similar issue.

Ventura 13.3.1
IOS 16.4 on Devices
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 9.26.39 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 9.26.39 AM.jpg (415.48 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 9.26.10 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 9.26.10 AM.jpg (481.73 KiB) Viewed 1145 times

Posted on
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:53 pm
GlennNZ offline

Ok. Will post a thread about this !
Thanks for images - will use yours as example.

But - why do you have some many bridges and only 29 devices?

Every bridge can have up to 99 devices added to it. You don’t need a new bridge for every device you want to add.
It will work - but is adding quite a bit of overhead, driver, bridge driver, thread, zeroconf (in this version) with every bridge…. I would reconsider that approach, and it wouldn’t be recommended. Basically a bridge for a collection of devices - either via room (as some do) or via type, or all in the one. Less bridges == less overhead

The pair_verify error typically means that a Home app client has not been updated to the new Home architecture. Until it does it will not be able to connect to any of the HomekitLink Bridges. This error refers to this unverified client (as on old incompatible version of Home) trying to connect. It fails. You need to track down the client (in this case 192.168.0.48 - from DHCP router lists, or check IP’s of clients. Either upgrade the client if possible, or remove it from the Home.

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:05 pm
docbjr offline

So is it safe to conclude that an old Mac mini running OS 12.6.5 will not work to run Indigo and your plugin?
Thanks

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:08 pm
GlennNZ offline

docbjr wrote:
So is it safe to conclude that an old Mac mini running OS 12.6.5 will not work to run Indigo and your plugin?
Thanks
No.

Homekit version you have upgraded is not compatible with that Mac - amongst probably a growing list of other things. So if will not be able to connect this Mac to the Home that you have created. If you try you will get a client failed to verify error.

The plugin creates everything from scratch, it doesn’t care what system it runs on (within reason). It creates the home, but with the upgrade you have done that home won’t be compatible with that Mac. (for use by Home app etc.)

Glenn

Posted on
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:34 am
Ian offline

Ok Thanks

Yes....I forgot I had an old ipad in the system on an old operating system...that cant be upgraded...Removed Home app and that is resolved. (verify pairing)

As to the next issue. Clearly I misread the Instructions on the process. I will go back and examine what threw me off on the setup process and reverse it . Full disclosure...I was jetlagged when I did this....From what I remember..there was some confusion about how to start a bridge (that seemed straightforward)....but adding the devices to the bridge was foggy.

Cheers

Page 1 of 1