Indigo Skill not working anymore

Posted on
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:14 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Skill not working anymore

dlleon wrote:
I'm having the same issue. Relinking isn't helping.

Need more specifics: what do you see in the Event Log (any errors, not just Alexa specific)? If you enable debugging in the Alexa plugin, what do you see? What exactly are you hearing/seeing from Alexa?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:30 pm
gadgetnut offline

Hello, all. Helping a client, yesterday we performed a nuke & pave on his Mac MIni running macOS Sonoma 14.1.1. We reinstalled and licensed Indigo, copied over the existing database and selected it. Within 60 seconds, everything was normalized, Indigo was happy, Alexa voice integration working perfectly.

Overnight we started receiving Reflector down messages in Indigo logs and Amazon voice integration broke.

Code: Select all
  Error                           Unable to authenticate with IndigoDomo.com (server might be down temporarily for maintenance).

Error                           reflector connection test failed: unable to connect to server
   Warning                         reflector reconnection scheduled in 5 seconds

Nov 10, 2023 at 3:09:11 PM
   Alexa Warning                   Your reflector isn't available - you won't be able to use Alexa until the reflector is operating correctly.

Regarding the client's Indigo reflector, it is working. We go to http://localhost:8176/index.html and login and see the instance. We go to the web reflector and log in, etc.

We checked the Indigo Smarthome Skill in the Alexa app on the phone and we found it needed to be enabled or authorized.

We went to client's Indigo account page, saw the authorization we granted earlier.. We revoked the authorization. (We didn't touch anything about APIs, etc.).

Went back to Alexa app, tried to enable the skill and got the Application Authorization Error in the attachment.

We restarted the iPhone, came back to Alexa app, tried to enable the Indigo Smarthome skill and continue to get this Application Authorization Error.

Just as a test, on my own Indigo setup, I revoked my own authorization for Alexa, removed the Indigo skill, and was able to re-enable it successfully by signing in. But in my client's case, we are stuck at the pink Application Authorization Error.

Will be following this thread for next steps.

Thank you.
Attachments
CleanShot 2023-11-10 at 16.11.42@2x.png
CleanShot 2023-11-10 at 16.11.42@2x.png (499.84 KiB) Viewed 3294 times

Posted on
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:10 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You have to revoke the authorization in their Indigo Account - see the Alexa plugin docs for details.

Note however: that error (especially the first error in your post) indicates that their Mac is having sporadic connectivity issues with our hosted servers.. So either the Mac, his local network, or his ISP is having some kind of issue. The Alexa stuff is just a symptom of the network issue.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:02 am
gadgetnut offline

Hi. Thanks for the feedback, Jay. Yes, the first thing we did was revoke the earlier authorization on the IndigoDomo account management page. So we have already revoked. The client's annual Up-to-Date subscription to Indigo is current and active. The client's Indigo application is up, running, and licensed. The client's reflector is up at http://localhost:8176/index.html and at the indigodomo.net web URL.

We have disabled the Indigo Smarthome Skill in Alexa app. As we attempt to re-enable the skill, where we would expect to direct to a web login with Indigodomo account credentials we only get this error, saying Alexa already has access. We have restarted his iPhone, trying to get a fresh interaction with Amazon Alexa app. No change.

Thoughts?
Attachments
CleanShot 2023-11-10 at 16.11.42@2x.png
CleanShot 2023-11-10 at 16.11.42@2x.png (499.84 KiB) Viewed 3235 times

Posted on
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:36 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Send an email to support@indigodomo.com with a link to this thread and his Indigo Account username and email. That error will only show if they have a license that has a corresponding Alexa activation on the Authorizations page, so I need to see if there is one there.

I suppose it's possible that somehow that iOS device you are using is logged into the wrong Indigo Account (so it isn't finding his licenses) so you could try just opening a Safari window, go to the Indigo Account page, and logging out.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:06 pm
gadgetnut offline

Got it, done. I will post again here briefly with any helpful info when our challenge is resolved. Thanks for your help. :D

Posted on
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:24 am
kennybroh offline

I've started having the same issue. The following appears in the log every minute or two:

Alexa Warning 11/14/2023 1:21:56 AM
Your reflector isn't available - you won't be able to use Alexa until the reflector is operating correctly.

Posted on
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:44 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

kennybroh wrote:
I've started having the same issue. The following appears in the log every minute or two:

Alexa Warning 11/14/2023 1:21:56 AM
Your reflector isn't available - you won't be able to use Alexa until the reflector is operating correctly.

This would be a reflector issue, not an Alexa issue. Please post any errors from your Event Log regarding reflector connection issues. Also, reboot your Mac to make sure it wasn't a transient network glitch.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:23 am
gadgetnut offline

Hi, all. I wanted to followup briefly here with what worked for me.

After stopping the server and deleting this file:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Indigo Registration

I rebooted, I was able to log in and all my authentication, authorization, and Indigo Smarthome Skill integration with Alexa problems were resolved.

Alexa voice control under macOS Sonoma and Starlink is working normally again.

Really grateful for this accomplishment. Thank you all for supporting a community of helpful resources.

Posted on
Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:58 pm
will1305 offline

Have started seeing the exact same problem. Tried all the suggested approaches in this thread - unfortunately no difference. Continues to show "Application Authorization Error" when trying to enable the indigo skill in the Alexa app. Everything worked fine until this afternoon. I had a problem with my modem. restarted it. Everything on my network came back normal with the exception of the Alexa link to Indigo. I deactivated the reflector in my account on indigo. I also tried the suggested deletion of the "Indigo Registration" file. Restarted various machines. All to no avail. Please advise.

Posted on
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:55 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Please take a screenshot of the error and post it in a reply.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:52 pm
will1305 offline

See screenshot below (apologies for the delay - was out of town last week).
Attachments
IMG_0377.png
IMG_0377.png (227.52 KiB) Viewed 510 times

Posted on
Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:34 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That just means that you haven't revoked the authorization. Check the Alexa plugin docs for details.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:25 pm
will1305 offline

Thanks Jay - that worked. I was convinced I did this before and it didn’t. But either way - back in business!