Failed to update control info / Failed to update sensor

Posted on
Sat May 20, 2023 10:12 pm
Bleasel offline

Failed to update control info / Failed to update sensor

Thanks again Neil for the Plugin

I have been getting the following errors (not new, but they don't seem to cause any issues), ie the device states correctly show the mode, and I can change the modes.

Daikin Wifi Controller Unknown/Other Error getting /aircon/get_sensor_info from Daikin Unit Level 3 AirCon
Daikin Wifi Controller Error Failed to update sensor Level 3 AirCon aborting state refresh

Daikin Wifi Controller Unknown/Other Error getting /aircon/get_control_info from Daikin Unit Level 3 AirCon
Daikin Wifi Controller Error Failed to update control info Level 3 AirCon aborting state refresh

If I enter:
http://192.168.1.11/skyfi/aircon/get_control_info
or
http://192.168.1.11/skyfi/aircon/get_sensor_info

I get a valid returns of information.

Wondering whether this has anything to do with me needing to enter "192.168.1.11/skyfi" as my Ip address in the Config.

Thanks
Marcus

Posted on
Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:31 pm
mclass offline

Re: Failed to update control info / Failed to update sensor

Hi Neil,

I too, am getting a similar error as follows:

Code: Select all
Daikin Wifi Controller          HTTP Error getting /aircon/get_control_info from Daikin Unit Ground Floot A/C
   Daikin Wifi Controller Error    Failed to update control info Ground Floot A/C aborting state refresh

I have extended the polling frequency and the time out settings to no effect.

The Daikin app (Version 4.8.0) has no issue in communication with the AC unit, nor does the Hubitat Daikin device (which is usually disabled) . Done all the usual things such as rebooting (Mac Mini, Daikin AC unit and router) to no avail. .

There are reports that the firmware of the Daikin wifi adapter was updated about August 2023 (see https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/99251. The iOS Daikin app reports that my wifi adapter firmware is 2.8.0.

I'm running Daikin WiFi controller plugin 2022.0.6, OSX 10.13.6 and Indigo 2023.2, although the error became apparent when running Indigo 2022.1, so the Indigo upgrade appears not to be the issue, but the Daikin wifi adapter maybe?

Any assistance appreciated!

Neil

Posted on
Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:26 pm
neilk offline

Sorry I missed this and I am travelling this week. I think as you say the controller just periodically fails to respond regardless of refresh rate. Let me take a look at tracking/logging this more intelligently such that it only errors after a number of retries.

It will be the weekend before I can take a look.

Neil

Posted on
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:31 pm
Stoutjesdijk offline

Hi Neil,

I, too, am still getting those errors. Have you had a chance to look at this yet?

Much appreciated!

Mark

Best regards,

Mark

Trying to tie it all together...
| Indigo | Plex | NAD M33 | Unifi | LG WebOS | Tado | Sonos | SolarEdge | HUE |

Posted on
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:41 am
neilk offline

Hi,
I did look at the time and couldn’t replicate it. I then got distracted. I took a look and it appears to be happening again for me so I will tidy up the logging as promised.
Neil

Posted on
Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:09 pm
neilk offline

Hi,
A quick update, I found some time this weekend to update the logging and make this configurable such that you can set the logging level if you are experiencing problems, otherwise these issues will be silent. I need to test it for a while as the error is fairly intermittent, but expect a new version to test early in the week.
Neil

Posted on
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 pm
mclass offline

Hi Neil,

Any update on progress on this issue?

Thanks,

mclass

Page 1 of 1