Error with the Google Voice SMS plugin

Posted on
Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:21 am
mwarner offline

Error with the Google Voice SMS plugin

I seem to have a recurrent problem with the Google voice plugin that I've set up to warn me by SMS about doors being left open in my Indigo system. I am getting several log in errors that go into a vicious loop and won't stop until I manually disable the plugin and start it again. Based on the event log, it looks like something is going wrong with the server side of Indigo perhaps? There seems to be no way to stop this but to disable the plugin and then start it again. This has happened about three different times now. Any ideas? Also, is there a script out there that can send me an email when an error like this crops up? I would hate to be away from my house for several days only to find out that this kind of recurrent error was happening.

Example of event log:

Google Voice SMS Logging in to your Google Voice account.
Google Voice SMS Successfully logged in to: MYUSERNAME@gmail.com
Error (client) getXmlFromPlugin() caught exception: ServerCommunicationError -- timeout waiting for plugin response
Google Voice SMS Unable to login. Please verify your e-mail/password in the plugin preferences
Google Voice SMS Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds
Google Voice SMS Successfully logged in to: MYUSERNAME@gmail.com
Google Voice SMS Unable to login. Please verify your e-mail/password in the plugin preferences
Google Voice SMS Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds

Posted on
Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:05 am
mwarner offline

Re: Error with the Google Voice SMS plugin

I'm still having this problem and am wondering if any google plugin users out there are in the same boat? Some days, the log in goes smoothly and on other days, I hit this loop.

Mark

Posted on
Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:55 am
Jimmy2times offline

I have the exact same problem:

Unable to login. Please verify your e-mail/password in the plugin preferences
Google Voice SMS Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Any Idea's
Cheers,

James

Posted on
Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:20 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It's always best to look at the forum/thread for the plugin for answers to these kinds of questions. In short: Google changed something on their systems, a user patched the plugin, and the updated plugin is available in the File Library.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1