time controls for devices

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:03 pm
tinroads offline

time controls for devices

Im new at this and i have down loaded indigo 5 trail ver. but having trouble setting up time controls for devices such as living room light to come on at 7pm and shut off at 11pm. Does anyone know if this software offers this? Thanks

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:06 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: time controls for devices

There are 2 approaches for this example. You can either create 2 Schedule actions, one for 7PM that turns in ON and one for 11PM that turns it OFF, or you can create a single Schedule action that turns it ON at 7PM and then uses the Auto-off checkbox item (in the Action panel) with a delay of 180 minutes.

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:16 pm
thomasw offline

Re: time controls for devices

Tinroads, welcome to home automation!
Yes, you can absolutely use Indigo to control lights to turn on and off at specific times. I have been doing this for a while now. I actually set mine to come on 5 minutes before sunset in my time zone, and go off at a set time at night. You can even set it to shut off with various times, to simulate someone being there. Dive in and don't be afraid to experiment. I didn't know anything when I started, but there are lots of people on here that help. Jay and Matt are the best at their product support!

Page 1 of 1