sometimes light status not shown properly in Indigo

Posted on
Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:55 am
rainman50 offline

sometimes light status not shown properly in Indigo

Sometimes when I turn on a keypad switch (main one that controls the load) it does not update it on Indigo. I looked at the log and it never said it received the switch ON command from it. The vast majority of the time it works OK.. I was wondering, is there supposed to be a few retries between a switch unit and Indigo (via the powerlinc 2414U)? I have all of the links updated between the devices. Do I have to do anything else so that the devices "retrys" the command?

I have a Control linc V2 tabletop unit and at times I notice that it retries if the 1st one don't get thru.

Posted on
Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: sometimes light status not shown properly in Indigo

rainman50 wrote:
I was wondering, is there supposed to be a few retries between a switch unit and Indigo (via the powerlinc 2414U)?

I believe I need to improve this some. If I recall correctly, Indigo updates the device states when it sees the group broadcast commands from modules (KPL in this case). The ACK and resend process is part of direct (1 to 1) cleanup command that happens after the group broadcast command. I don't think Indigo is currently listening for (or logging) these direct cleanup commands, but it probably should in case the group command gets lost somehow. I'll look into it some.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1