Possible bad 2413U

Posted on
Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:33 pm
greenhornet offline

Possible bad 2413U

I have a 2413U that is around one year old. Today it started becoming unresponsive to commands. Some steps that I've take in the past few hours include performing a factory reset on the device and then a "clear links" and "start sync all links" in Indigo 6. That appears to work for a few hours. Lights would turn on and off as expected, motion sensors were able to trigger devices and so forth. However, a few hours in and all devices are no longer responding to commands. I did another clear and sync, this time without performing a reset on the 2413 and ALL devices are throwing an error Linking-initializing failed in the logs. Any suggestions before I send this thing in for repair?

Posted on
Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:53 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Possible bad 2413U

It sounds like it is malfunctioning, but to rule out power line noise as causing the lockup I would suggest you use an extension cord to temporarily plug it into a different outlet, on a different circuit. Let it run like that for a while to see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, then I would get a warranty swap out of the 2413U (it has a 2 year warrant).

Page 1 of 1