Vera Bridge: scenes but no devices

Posted on
Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:20 pm
eco offline

Vera Bridge: scenes but no devices

Hi

I've been trying to get the Vera bridge plugin working. I can enter my IP address and the scenes in the unit show up, but I can't see any of my devices. When I try to add a Vera bridge device there is no configuration box with a device list that pops up, as I expected after reading the plugin documentation. Is there a configuration step I might be missing? It seems strange that the plug in can see scenes but no devices.

Also, the reason I have the Vera is to control devices from a second zwave geographic region. I have a mixture of US and EU devices. It would be great if Indigo could natively support more than one zstick controller and a mix of networks in the same way that homeseer v3 does.

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:11 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Vera Bridge: scenes but no devices

So, to confirm:

Click the New… button when the device list is showing brings up the Create New Device dialog, you select Vera Bridge as the type and when the Synchronize Vera Device… dialog opens (if it doesn't open automatically then click the Define and Sync… button) the Vera Device popup is empty? Are there any errors in the Event Log window?

Are any the devices dimmer, relay (On/Off), or thermostat devices? Those are the only device types that the bridge supports.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:37 pm
eco offline

Thanks for coming back to me.

Yes, when I try to add a new device and choose Vera Bridge as the device type I don't get the Synchronize Vera Device dialog. If I click Define and Sync an error pops up in the event log and no dialog is shown.

The Vera has a range of devices, some created by various plug ins but also two Fibaro Relays. I was expecting the two relays to show up.

The event log shows:

Error (client) runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSRangeException -- *** -[__NSArrayM objectAtIndex:]: index 0 beyond bounds for empty array

31/10/2013 5:32:24 pm
Vera Bridge Error Error in plugin execution GetUiDynamicList:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 61, in _getNodeList
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

Error (client) doPluginDeviceFactory requires at least one root device
Error (client) doPluginDeviceFactory requires at least one root device

Posted on
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:27 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Send an email to indigo DASH support AT perceptiveautomation DOT com with a link to this thread - we'll take further diagnostics offline.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1