Unknown Device

Posted on
Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:58 pm
HowmaNoid offline

Unknown Device

Just upgraded to Indigo 6.

I swapped out a couple of old KeypadLinc controllers for the new Dual Band versions and now I'm seeing a number of links that point to "Unknon Device" which cant' be removed. I tried factory reseting the KeypadLinc and resynching but the entries persist.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Best

H

Posted on
Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:11 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Unknown Device

It is possible the factory reset didn't "take." It can be difficult to perform the reset since the LED pipe has to go from the out position to all the way pressed in (and then held) in one fluid motion.

So try the factory reset again, then re-Sync it. Presuming you still have the unknown links, copy/paste the Event Log result showing the sync into a forum reply for me and I'll see if I can determine what is going wrong.

Posted on
Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:30 pm
HowmaNoid offline

Hey Matt

Will give it another go. The Keypad did make a long (5 sec) beep which then stopped. I assumed that was the 'I've reset" beep.

Posted on
Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:26 pm
HowmaNoid offline

No luck. The factory reset wiped the device but after re-linking it all the "Unknown Device" entries come back. This was a brand new KeypadLinc that replaced an older model so the entries must have come from Indigo.

Ideas? Next steps?

Thanks

H

Page 1 of 1