update device status after power failure

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:03 am
Donaldbyrd offline

update device status after power failure

I am running indigo on a mac min not thru a ups so if the power goes out the mac losses power I have it and indigo set to start back up automatically after a power failure. Is there a way for indigo to put all devices in the status they should be at start up? So if a schedule was supposed to run during the time of the power failure it will run when indigo starts up?

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:17 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: update device status after power failure

Donaldbyrd wrote:
Is there a way for indigo to put all devices in the status they should be at start up?

You can create a startup trigger that will poll all your devices for status. I'd caution you thought that creating that much traffic on your INSTEON or Z-Wave network is likely to cause some collisions and failures. So my recommendation is to only do status requests to the most critical devices. The rest will correct themselves over time as your system settles back into normal operation.

Donaldbyrd wrote:
So if a schedule was supposed to run during the time of the power failure it will run when indigo starts up?

No - Indigo will not attempt to play "catch up". There are many reasons for this, but in the case of a power failure we don't actually know if it was a power failure or not.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:58 pm
Donaldbyrd offline

Jay thanks for the response. So I have 2 pumps that Indigo runs once each day. Being in florida we have frequent power outages my fear is the schedule would start, turning one of the pumps on, then a power failure happens during the time which the command should have been sent to turn it back off. So when the power comes back on the outlet is in an on state till the schedule runs 24 hours later. Can I poll those two outlets for their status at start up and if they are on turn them off or is there a way to just send a off command to those two outlets at start up?

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:09 pm
durosity offline

Donaldbyrd wrote:
Being in florida we have frequent power outages my fear is the schedule would start, turning one of the pumps on, then a power failure happens during the time which the command should have been sent to turn it back off.

If you’re having power failures on a regular basis perhaps a UPS for the mini would be a good investment, with the use of a plugin you could setup some kind of script to ensure the command to turn the pump back on is relayed as soon as power is restored (and indeed send a message to your phone for double security). It may also lengthen the life of the PSU in your mini.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:16 pm
Donaldbyrd offline

I think I have it figured out I set triggers to run turning those 2 outlets off at startup of the server.

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:08 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yep - do a Startup Trigger and just turn off those two outlets.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1