Indigo 6 CP Question

Posted on
Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:47 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Indigo 6 CP Question

Doing some new CP's in V6 and couldn't help but notice that when you duplicate
something, button or whatever, the duplicate doesn't carry over the all the attributes
of whatever it is you duplicated as it did in V5.

For example if a graphic button toggled a light and you just want to duplicate it
to toggle a different light now you have to re-enter everything to have it do that.

Maybe missed something?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:50 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo 6 CP Question

I'm not seeing anything getting lost - can you be more specific? (e.g. what type of control, exactly what elements are getting lost, etc)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:20 pm
ckeyes888 offline

I have some buttons that toggle a light on/off. If I duplicate the button the action to toggle
the device is lost and I have to enter the action info again as opposed to just selecting
a new device to toggle as it behaved in V5.

edit: the action info gets dropped when I change the device name, not when I actually duplicate
the button to control it. Sorry for the confusion. In V5 when you changed the device name
it would simply modify the action for the new device.

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:09 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Carl, I can't reproduce this one. And given the issues you're seeing with Growl and your other crashing bug, I'm very suspicious that you have some systemic issue that causing very bizarre behavior. Have you ever run Disk Utility and tried to repair permissions and other disk issues? I think maybe that would be a good first step to try in resolving the various issues you seem to be having.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:44 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Normally I would agree except I did try a fresh install on a new Mac Mini running
10.8 and am seeing the same result with the CP button thing.

If you setup a button to toggle a device, then duplicate it, then change the device
in the device list, it drops the action that was setup in the original button instead
of changing it to the new device.

On the new mini Growl appears and works fine.

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:44 am
ckeyes888 offline

I did find that if I change the device in the action first, for the duplicated button, then
change the "For:" device second it works fine.

Just to be clear though, no-one is seeing that if you duplicate a button, or whatever, that toggles
a device and change the "For: (device)" that the action associated with the original
button will be dropped?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:23 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Ah - the step about changing the device is new information. This is why it's important to include exact steps (not just a general description) of how to reproduce a problem.

However, no, still not seeing it. I have an action that toggles a device called "LampLinc" on a CP element. Here's what I'm doing:

1. duplicate it (by clicking the duplicate button or hitting cmd-D), the new page element retains everything from the source element
  2. click the "Edit Actions" button next to the "Server action:" label and the dialog opens
  3. select a new device from the "Device:" popup and hit OK.
  4. the new page element now toggles the new device.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:55 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I am able to see the problem. I think the trick is you are changing the device in the For popup whereas Jay changed it inside the action dialog.

When I change the For device it does nuke the action and it shows "plugin -no action selected-" which is not what it should be doing. We'll look into it.

Posted on
Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:40 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Thanks for checking it out. No biggie at all. Just was curious about the change from
V5 to V6.

Carl

Page 1 of 1