DigiTemp - 1 Wire Temperature Plugin
What is the DigiTemp Plugin
This plugin interfaces Indigo 5 to 1-wire temperature sensors. Currently only DS9097U and compatible adapters are supported. This plugin is essentially a wrapper around DigiTemp
, a program written by Brian Lane, which does most of the dirty work.What It Needs
- A DS9097U 1-wire adapter. Can be bought from Digi-Key here
- A USB to Serial adapter for the DS9097U above.
- DS18B20 1-wire temperature sensors. Digi-Key link here
. (Other sensors are supported, see DigiTemp's web page
for details.)Download the PluginDigiTemp_Plugin.zip
- Version 1.0.1
See Change History
below for details on what's been changed in each version.Installation
1. Download the plugin from the link above, unzip it if your browser didn't do that for you already.
2. Double-click on the DigiTemp.indigoPlugin file, Indigo should launch and ask if you'd like it to install the plugin.
3. The plugin's config screen should pop up. Select the serial port your DS9097U is using.Adding Sensors
It's easiest if you add sensors to your 1-wire network one at a time. If you add them all and then hit the Scan For Sensors
button in the plugin's config, you'll get a big list of sensor ID's but won't know which is which as the DS18B20's don't have their serial numbers written on them. The easiest way to add them is to use the steps below.
1. Add a sensor to the 1-wire network.
2. Open the plugin's config.
3. Press the Scan For Sensors
button. The sensor's ID should show up in the list after the scan.
4. Close the plugin's config.
5. Click on the New...
button to add a new device to Indigo. Type: Plugin, Plugin: DigiTemp, Model: Temperature Sensor.
6. A dialog box will popup with the current list of sensor ID's. Select the new ID from the list.
7. Repeat steps 1 thru 6 for each sensor.
I'll write a more thorough HowTo with screenshots and pics of my 1-wire setup when I have some more time. This should be enough to get some users started.Change History
Version 1.0.1 (Nov 28, 2012):
- Added the 32 bit version of digitemp back into the binary
Version 1.0.0 (Nov 15, 2012):
- Fix for compatibility with Indigo 6 beta.
- This version should now work on older PPC macs
- Fixed a bug where the plugin might crash after running a sensor scan for the first time.