How to query a Global Cache's Serial Port and log the result

Posted on
Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:03 pm
cmcquistion offline

How to query a Global Cache's Serial Port and log the result

I've tried the regular Global Cache plugin, as well as the Cynical Cache plugin and neither one appears to actually support the Serial port of the GC-100.

I have a handful of GC-100's hooked up to various projectors, as well as a few Moxa NPort 5110 Serial units hooked up to projectors and various equipment.

I know the commands that I need to send to the GC-100 to query the current power status of the projector. I need to look at the result of that query (OK0 means it is currently powered off, OK1 means it is currently powered on) and log that query result to a variable or something, so I can act on it.

I have an ISY controller and can send these commands from the ISY, but the ISY doesn't parse the query results or do anything with them.

I'm trying to see if I can use Indigo to monitor my various network devices, monitor the ISY, and fix things when they aren't in sync.

For one of my GC-100's, I need to send this TCP string to 192.168.101.247:49999:
126;48;48;49;50;52;32;49;13 is the binary command
~00124 1 is the text equivalent

I can't seem to figure out how to use Global Cache plugin or Cynical Cache plugin or the Cynical Network plugin to send this command and log the result.

Anyone got any ideas or link to the documentation that addresses sending this command AND logging the result?

Posted on
Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:03 pm
cmcquistion offline

Re: How to query a Global Cache's Serial Port and log the re

I think I found the solution. I was able to use the Cynical Network Plugin to create a TCP out device to talk to 192.168.101.247 on port 4999. The trick was to have Auto-Connect enabled and use "Carriage Return" for line endings. Once I did that, it started popping the result of my commands into the variables table. Once I had that variable recorded, I was able to set up a scheduled event to see "If this Inteon device is turned on and this variable exactly matches this string, then do THIS."

Page 1 of 1