[ANSWERED]: Viewing SecuritySpy Cameras through a control pa

Posted on
Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:14 pm
BaldDaddy offline

[ANSWERED]: Viewing SecuritySpy Cameras through a control pa

Good evening. I am giving it a go at trying to build a control page that has a continuous camera feeds from SecuritySpy. While I have no issues with running the following URL from within a control, though I have 4 cameras connected through SS, the only valid camera number is 1. If I try any other number to select a different camera an error gets thrown in the event log.

URL I am using:
Code: Select all
http://username:password@192.168.xxx.xxx:8000/++image?cameraNum=1

Error I receive if I try to change the "cameraNum" variable to anything other than 1:
http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8000/++image?cameraNum=2 load error: HTTP Error 404: OK

Any insight would be very much appreciated.
Last edited by BaldDaddy on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Eric

Posted on
Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:08 am
PeteVis offline

Re: Viewing SS Cameras through a control page

Is that an actual copy from your event log ? Ifso, I think you forgot to include your username and password for the other camera.

Posted on
Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:58 am
BaldDaddy offline

Re: Viewing SS Cameras through a control page

PeteVis wrote:
Is that an actual copy from your event log ? Ifso, I think you forgot to include your username and password for the other camera.

It is the actual error message. The username and password are being passed through URL on the control to the SecuritySpy Web Server. The only thing I am changing is the cameraNum variable. As I mentioned, I have 4 cameras attached through SecuritySpy.

UPDATE:
This is the error I receive when the control page is just saved, and not being viewed in Indigo Touch.

Error (client)                  control page image URL failed to load (404 - not found): http://username:password@192.168.xxx.xxx:8000/++image?cameraNum=2

Eric

Posted on
Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:02 pm
PeteVis offline

Re: Viewing SecuritySpy Cameras through a control page

This is strange indeed.

I have 6 cameras and they all work fine.
I did notice that SecuritySpy does not necessarily number the cameras in order. Are you sure that cameranum 2 is actually an existing ID ?
As you see in my screenshot, ID3 does not exist... so maybe your camera numbers are also not sequential.

You can check under devices in Indigo, if all your four cameras are listed and have a green light in front of them, it should just work. The correct ID number is seen in the 'address' column.

See the screenshot of my Indigo setup.
The very first line is my SecuritySpy server... and a few lines lower, the ones with all the green lights are all my cameras.
Does your Indigo setup look similar ?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 20.03.00.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 20.03.00.png (145 KiB) Viewed 2365 times

Posted on
Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:01 pm
BaldDaddy offline

Re: Viewing SecuritySpy Cameras through a control page

PeteVis - Many, many thanks. You nailed it when you posted that screen shot. I never realized that the number contained in the parentheses was the camera ID number being pulled from SS. That did the trick!

Eric

Page 1 of 1