Source Name with '/' in name

Posted on
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:14 am
autolog offline

Source Name with '/' in name

Hi Perry,
I have got a minor problem with my new Marantz NR1605, the Cynical Denon plugin and Control Pages.

I have my Apple TV plugged into the HDMI 'SAT/CBL' socket. I have a control page that has a button to press to select the Apple TV. It has two images (one grey and one green) that I set-up as MarantzSAT/CBL+.png and MARANTZSAT/CBL+SAT/CBL.png. When I set it up thus, the control page can't find the image = I guess because of the '/' in it?

All my other sources work OK.

For the moment I can work round the problem by plugging the Apple TV into the DVD HDMI socket (which is spare and available).

Interestingly, if I can view the PNGs in preview OK, so it might be the way Indigo Control Pages is handling the image. I have tried changing the source so that SAT/CBL=APPLETV. This works fine for displaying the source in menus but doesn't seem to make any difference in the Control Page which still sees SAT/CBL as the input source AFAICS.

I was wondering whether it was possible to change the the '/' to say an '_' (underscore) or alternatively if Matt/Jay want to chip in on whether there is an alternate Control Page solution ?

Thanks for any help :)

Posted on
Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:05 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Source Name with '/' in name

In Python you can't use slashes in file names since that's the path separator.

Which, actually, might not fully explain the display issue, but I'm pretty sure that the slash is the root cause of the issue.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1