TCPIn help

Posted on
Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:32 am
mark_anderson_us offline

TCPIn help

Hi Guys

Noob to indigo

I've setup a TCPin trigger that will listen for incoming commands. I setup a trigger to listen for ABC with UNIX line ending. Works great

I need to receive about 20 different messages and execute an action group for each. For example, if I receive ABC, execute action group ABC. This works, but means I need to setup 20 different TCPIn triggers. What I'd like to do is use one trigger and execute an action group with the name of the received message. For example

Receive ABC = Execute Action Group ABC
Receive DEF = Execute Action Group DEF

Is there a way to do this with a single trigger?

Thanks

Mark

Posted on
Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:01 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: TCPIn help

Hi Mark,

I haven't used this plugin so I don't know exactly what trigger parameters it has, but I believe the answer will be that creating the 20 Triggers will be the easiest solution. Keep in mind you can duplicate Triggers, so the steps won't be too cumbersome (duplicate, edit trigger, choose different action group). You can also put all the Triggers into their own folder to help organize them better.

Posted on
Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:05 pm
mark_anderson_us offline

Thanks Matt

That'll will no doubt work, was just hoping I could do something like call a script

Regards

Mark

Posted on
Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:27 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Seems like you should be triggering on the Unrecognized Input Event, then have your script look in the "Last line matched" variable for the pattern.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1