Security Spy misses Bears in Yard

Posted on
Fri May 23, 2014 11:49 pm
AlaskaDave offline

Security Spy misses Bears in Yard

Today when I noticed tipped empty trash cans in my back yard I knew I had bear visitors. I was bummed to find that my backyard camera did not capture the video triggered by my motion detector.

When I go into Indigo and check my (in this case back camera) device it appears to be all fouled up. When I go into and attempt to edit my back camera by selecting "Edit Device Settings..." I do not see any cameras in the camera drop down. Seems like I've had this issue before and I'm forgetting the reason. Does anyone know/remember the solution?

Thanks for any assistance. I'm running Indigo 6.0.12 with version 1.4.2 of the Security Spy plug-in with 3.3 of Security Spy.
Attachments
cameraSettings.jpg
cameraSettings.jpg (122.47 KiB) Viewed 2034 times

Posted on
Sat May 24, 2014 10:12 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Re: Security Spy misses Bears in Yard

I've been curious about that myself. I don't leave SS running all the time, launching it by various triggers for viewing. I could be wrong but I seem to remember that the plugin, which is always
enabled, could detect when SS is running and make the cameras available.

What I see happening now is that the cameras are always unavailable, which will show the blank
field as in Dave's post, even if SS is running. The only way to bring them online is to
restart the plugin.

Carl

Posted on
Sun May 25, 2014 8:12 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Are there any errors in the Event Log shown?

Is the Security Spy plugin running when it is in the failed state? You can get a list of all running plugins by copy/pasting this into the Terminal application:

Code: Select all
ps -axww | grep IndigoPluginHost

(the last argument shown on each line will be the plugin name for that process)

Posted on
Sun May 25, 2014 8:33 am
ckeyes888 offline

No intention of hijacking your thread Dave but I see no errors in the log and I do see the plugin
listed using the terminal command Matt posted.

Should the cameras become available when SS starts? The plugin is quick to know
if SS quits, just not aware of it starting.

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sun May 25, 2014 3:07 pm
AlaskaDave offline

No problem Carl, I'm slow on the draw due to travel. I VNC'd into my MacMini and ran terminal as suggested and returned:

0:00.38 /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/MacOS/IndigoPluginHost -p1176 -fCynical SecuritySpy.indigoPlugin
36275 ttys000 0:00.00 grep IndigoPluginHost

From other applications (Remove Patrol...etc) I can view my video cameras just can't get them to play with Indigo. Like I said, I've had this happen before and can't remember the fix. Perhaps there was conversation in the boards I created so will look into that during my next flight... like what else is there to do but "eat my knees".

Posted on
Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:14 am
AlaskaDave offline

Now that I'm back in town and had time I updated both the plug-in and Security Spy running on my Mac. After that I recreated the Plug-in SS Server followed by my cameras (now having drop-downs for them) and all is good. Not sure where things went bad other than the plug-in's being out of date. Now to catch something cool in my yard on camera!

Page 1 of 1