Global Cache iTach probs

Posted on
Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:08 pm
otto-mate offline

Global Cache iTach probs

Just got a ip2cc and setup the plugin. The relays appear to work (lights come on) but the status in Device list doesn't change the the event log is full of errors like below. Any ideas?

Thanks

Code: Select all
29 Aug 2013 19:02:58
  Cynical Caché Error             in runConcurrentThread: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/debugging.py", line 46, in diagnostic_log
    yield
  File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/debugging.py", line 56, in diagnose_call
    return method(*args, **kwargs)
  File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/asynplugin.py", line 51, in runConcurrentThread
    self.run()
  File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/inject.py", line 49, in run
    asyn.Controller.run(self)
  File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/controller.py", line 91, in run
    item._can_read()
  File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/selectable.py", line 212, in _can_read
    self._scan(input)
  File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/scan.py", line 53, in _scan
    result = self.scan.scan(self._rbuf, self.callout)
  File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/scan.py", line 108, in scan
    callout(ctx, *m.groups())
  File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/core.py", line 140, in callout
    results = [cb(ctx, *args) for cb in list(self._callbacks)]   # latch callback list
  File ".../Server Plugin/ir/gcache/gcnet.py", line 242, in _calldown
    self.devmap[addr]._calldown(ctx, cmd, args)
  File ".../Server Plugin/ir/gcache/gcdev.py", line 238, in _calldown
    Device._calldown(self, ctx, cmd, args)
  File ".../Server Plugin/ir/gcache/gcdev.py", line 71, in _calldown
    self.callout(Error("unexpected event", self.type, cmd, self.address, args))
NameError: global name 'Error' is not defined

Cynical Caché Error             plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:32 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Re: Global Cache iTach probs

You found a typo in an error handler. Download version 1.6.1 and try again. This won't fix your problem, but it should produce a more "interesting" error message that should tell us what's going wrong for you. Let me know what it says. (If you haven't yet, check the debug checkbox in the plugin configuration dialog.)

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:34 am
otto-mate offline

Thanks Perry, I deleted and added the device again. I just get this error in the log now - although the relay does operate fine as before...

Code: Select all
  Cynical Caché Error             iTachA-Relay1 unavailable: ('unexpected event', 'RELAY', 'setstate', '1:1', '1')
  Cynical Caché Error             iTachA-Relay1 unavailable: ('unexpected event', 'RELAY', 'setstate', '1:1', '0')

Posted on
Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:12 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Oh, look: another unexpected iTach message. :-)

Okay, try 1.6.2 and see if that squashes it. (I don't have an xx2cc, and GC-100 relays don't do that.)

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:40 am
otto-mate offline

Thanks Perry - no errors now :)

It looks like you need a script for a trigger / action to fire the relay? Is there a sample script somewhere, or is it possible to add a drop down to select on / off etc?

Also should there be an entry created in the log when I operate the relay using the devices screen - currently nothing appears in log.

Thanks

M.

Posted on
Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:28 am
durosity offline

otto-mate wrote:
It looks like you need a script for a trigger / action to fire the relay?

Can you not just turn the device on/off from the devices list like you'd do with a lightswitch? That's how the relays work on my old GC-100 device so i'd imagine it'd be the same with an iTach

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:55 am
otto-mate offline

I need a way to pulse the relays to open our garage doors from a control screen on the phone / browser. I can do it using the pop-up UI but how do I do it with just a tape of a say a power button image?

I have the system firing off an email when the relay toggles to let me know which garage door has been operated. I start a timer when the email has been sent so I don't get another one within X mins. Is there an example python script that I can use to add a check to see if the timer is >0 before sending another email?

Thanks

M.

Posted on
Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:47 am
durosity offline

otto-mate wrote:
I need a way to pulse the relays to open our garage doors from a control screen on the phone / browser. I can do it using the pop-up UI but how do I do it with just a tape of a say a power button image?

I have the system firing off an email when the relay toggles to let me know which garage door has been operated. I start a timer when the email has been sent so I don't get another one within X mins. Is there an example python script that I can use to add a check to see if the timer is >0 before sending another email?

Thanks

M.

Ah i see, i thought you couldn't see any option for it. For control pages i just use the toggle option under server options to switch it on/off along with a custom image to show the state of the devices.. works a treat.

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1