SecuritySpy Plugin Run Away

Posted on
Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:55 pm
CharlieParker offline

Re: SecuritySpy Plugin Run Away

Thanks, I turned on the debugging, I'll have to wait, haven't been able to figure out how reproduce.

Posted on
Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:32 pm
ddhawk offline

I get this run away issue very often, it does seem to be related to losing camera network connections. I use two wireless dLink cameras and get many transient connectivity glitches.

This issue is serious enough that I don't use the plugin, but I would still like too. Any news on solving this, or should I enable and capture some diagnostic info as you have instructed earlier in this thread?

dave

Indigo 6.0.11, SS 3.3, CSS 1.6.1

Posted on
Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:01 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

ddhawk wrote:
This issue is serious enough that I don't use the plugin, but I would still like too. Any news on solving this, or should I enable and capture some diagnostic info as you have instructed earlier in this thread?

No good news - it happens to some people; it never happens to me; and it has something to do with network connectivity issues between cameras and SecuritySpy. The failure mechanism from there on is unclear, though some data avalanche is triggered at some point, causing extreme slowdown somewhere (SecuritySpy or the plugin is not clear).

If you get this very often, then yes, getting the "full log" might help. Most users who see this problem have it creep up to them over night, and thus it's hard to nail down what exactly is happening when. If you can provoke this (fairly) reliably, then try to draw full logs and add what information you have about what's happening to the cameras and to SecuritySpy at that time. Perhaps that'll furnish the crucial clue…

(Perhaps I need to buy a bunch of flaky network cameras in the hope that it'll then happen to me…)

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:28 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Version 1.6.2 of Cynical SecuritySpy fixes a fairly subtle memory leak that may well have caused all of the problems reported in this thread. Please upgrade to the latest version and let us know if your run-away/hang-up problems have dissolved (or not).

And sorry for taking so long. It's one of those things that in retrospect are obvious, but it took just the right debug log to isolate.

Cheers
-- perry