Cynical Cache and latest Itach Flex firmware update (V 16)

Posted on
Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm
ACCRipon offline

Cynical Cache and latest Itach Flex firmware update (V 16)

Your Cynical Cache plugin has worked very well... but... I updated my Itach Flex devices to the latest version and now I have a problem. For whatever reason the plugin disconnects from the device after about 10 minutes or so. The only way to have it work again is to disable and re-enable the plugin which will cause it to run for another 10 minutes or so.. My GC-100-12 is not affected.

On the main page in Indigo it shows the Itach Flex devices as connecting once the connection fails. Keep alive is enabled. If I disable and renable it says Ready for about 10 minutes then the connection fails.

I emailed Global Cache today and they indicated there was no way to go back to my last working version.

Anything you can suggest??

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:31 am
Perry The Cynic offline

Re: Cynical Cache and latest Itach Flex firmware update (V 1

A recent firmware update to iTach Flex (probably -16) has changed the behavior of an existing command, leading Cynical Caché to reject it. I'm in contact with GC to determine how to deal with this. Stand by.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:28 pm
ACCRipon offline

I want to publicly thank Perry for his efforts in fixing the problem created by the new Global Cache firmware. We have been communicating on the issue and his responsiveness has been marvelous.. Indigo is VERY lucky to have such a interested individual as part of their external software structure.

Perry's efforts are essentially volunteer. I had no great expectations that the problem would be fixed so quickly... I was wrong.

There are not many support experiences that I have had, even with paid software, that are as positive as I have had both with with indigo domotics and Perry the Cynic.

Thanks Perry!

Posted on
Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:29 am
Perry The Cynic offline

Blush. :-)

Everybody with iTach Flex, be sure to upgrade to version 1.6.8 of Cynical Caché which deals with the change.

Thanks Alex for all the testing assistance. (My last GC-100 went to Silicon Heaven a while ago.)

Cheers
-- perry

Page 1 of 1