Error Message Setting up Plugin

Posted on
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:12 am
pdz offline

Error Message Setting up Plugin

When I try to set up the plugin, I get an error message, "Error validating fields. Hover over the red field labels above to see the error reason," but there are no red fields in the plugin! What am I doing wrong? Thank you, Phil
Attachments
Plugin Error Message.png
Plugin Error Message.png (178.44 KiB) Viewed 826 times

Posted on
Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:17 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Error Message Setting up Plugin

Thats really odd.

I just checked the code - & as per usual (despite the age) I don’t do much entry validation - preferring to error reporting later.

There isn’t any validation that occurs for the Plugin Config box - simple return (True, errorsDict) = which is empty.

So ?
Either really strange version ? Would check on latest, python3 version
Something up with plugin preferences? Could try deleting prefenences for this specific plugin, and reloading.
Perhaps something happened with installing (re-download - check latest version and reinstall)
Alternatively something else I haven’t considered - in which case could consider ignoring.. for the moment.

Edit:

I have updated plugin store version to latest 0.6.8
Was a prior pre-release 0.6.5

None of them particular address this issue - which I still suspect is probably install related - but hopefully reinstalling new version overcomes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:38 pm
pdz offline

Thank you! Installing the new version instantly fixed the problem. I can now see that my array is generating power and was able to generate all 50 panels individually. Phil

Posted on
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:23 pm
Different Computers offline

might be worth reporting that I had this exact issue with the current 0.6.8 version. However, ignoring the warning let me create the device.

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Page 1 of 1