Error Message Setting up Plugin

Posted on
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:12 am
pdz offline

Error Message Setting up Plugin

When I try to set up the plugin, I get an error message, "Error validating fields. Hover over the red field labels above to see the error reason," but there are no red fields in the plugin! What am I doing wrong? Thank you, Phil
Attachments
Plugin Error Message.png
Plugin Error Message.png (178.44 KiB) Viewed 613 times

Posted on
Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:17 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Error Message Setting up Plugin

Thats really odd.

I just checked the code - & as per usual (despite the age) I don’t do much entry validation - preferring to error reporting later.

There isn’t any validation that occurs for the Plugin Config box - simple return (True, errorsDict) = which is empty.

So ?
Either really strange version ? Would check on latest, python3 version
Something up with plugin preferences? Could try deleting prefenences for this specific plugin, and reloading.
Perhaps something happened with installing (re-download - check latest version and reinstall)
Alternatively something else I haven’t considered - in which case could consider ignoring.. for the moment.

Edit:

I have updated plugin store version to latest 0.6.8
Was a prior pre-release 0.6.5

None of them particular address this issue - which I still suspect is probably install related - but hopefully reinstalling new version overcomes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:38 pm
pdz offline

Thank you! Installing the new version instantly fixed the problem. I can now see that my array is generating power and was able to generate all 50 panels individually. Phil

Posted on
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:23 pm
Different Computers offline

might be worth reporting that I had this exact issue with the current 0.6.8 version. However, ignoring the warning let me create the device.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1