Plan to build a plugin

Forum rules

This is a legacy forum which is locked for new topics. New topics should be started in one of the other forums under Extending Indigo

Posted on
Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:25 pm
nexx offline

Plan to build a plugin

Hi,

I'd like to build a plugin that would let me run php code directly as an action in indigo (not script files, but php code directly). Before start coding, I need to figure out if the Indigo's plugin interface and widgets would let me accomplish that.

I've thought in two scenarios. I prefer the first one if is feasible.

1- Add a new entry in the following combo: "Actions > Type: Execute script > Embedded [ PHP ]. Then use the giant text area that already exists to type the code and the [compile] and [run] buttons that also already exist (see attached image).

2- If 1 is not feasible, maybe I could do in: "Actions > Type:Plugin > Plugin:MyPhpPlugin > action:Run Php Script > and in a giant text area like the one attached image type the code. Also create buttons "compile" and "run" to test the code.

Would anybody who knows the plugin interface, help me with this? Are any alternatives feasible? Are the plugin feasible at all?

Thanks
Valentino
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-01-18 at 9.12.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-01-18 at 9.12.54 PM.png (29.05 KiB) Viewed 1127 times

Posted on
Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:34 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Plan to build a plugin

Neither is possible at the moment. #1 is likely to never happen. #2 might be possible if/when we create a text area control type in the API but it's not in the plan for the final release of Indigo 6.

You can use the current "Server Actions->Script and File Actions->Run Shell Script" action to run a php script file though I understand that you don't want to do that (for whatever reason).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1