Automate VPN Connection and URL open

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:22 am
MarcoGT offline

Automate VPN Connection and URL open

Hi all,

I am using SKY Go from abroad and I would like to stream it from the iMac to a Chomecast device connected to my TV, therefore I would need to automate following tasks

- shut down Ethernet interface and bring up WiFi (Chromecast works only via same WiFi network) --> this can be done via shell script
- connect to a VPN Service (my father's network) which is in Italy so that I can use Sky Go Italy --> this I was not able to do it via AppleScript
- Open automatically an URL in Chrome --> I did this via AppleScript and it works; only automatic login to Sky Website is missing (sometimes I am kicked out, do not know why)
- Cast the tab to Chromecast --> I do not know if this is possible via AppleScript.

Then I would create an Action inside Indigo which makes everything, but without the VPN part is useless.

Do you have something similar?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:57 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Automate VPN Connection and URL open

- connect to a VPN Service (my father's network) which is in Italy so that I can use Sky Go Italy --> this I was not able to do it via AppleScript

Did you consider creating a Location in the Network settings for each of the options you want? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/25 ... 0&tstart=0

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Page 1 of 1