Indigo link to FHEM

Posted on
Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:32 am
autolog offline

Indigo link to FHEM

I am new to Indigo and z-wave and I am not sure if this is the correct sub-forum to post my question?

I currently have a basic home automation system running on a Windows 7 PC using FHEM (see http://fhem.de/fhem.html). I am using a FHZ1300, a FHT8W and FHT80Bs to control my central heating. The system works but can be a bit temperamental ;-)

I want to migrate to an Indigo/z-wave setup but in easy stages. I have previously done some python programming uisng JSON to communicate with FHEM to retrieve and set values on the radiator thermostats. Ideally it would be great to be able to do the same via a plug-in in indigo. I am assuming having trawled through the documentation that this is possible in Indigo. I want Indigo to be able to receive the messages from FHEM when the thermostats transmit their status and be able to use Indigo to set the set points and schedules in the FHT80B thermostats.

Can anyone recommend a good plugin to look at which will give me a starter for 10 on how to do this?

Posted on
Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:25 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo link to FHEM

Take a look at the Indigo SDK, which is really just a set of example plugins. One of them is for creating a thermostat plugin device, so that would be a great one to use as a base.

Posted on
Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:13 am
autolog offline

Re: Indigo link to FHEM

matt (support) wrote:
Take a look at the Indigo SDK, which is really just a set of example plugins. One of them is for creating a thermostat plugin device, so that would be a great one to use as a base.
Thanks for this. I'll take a look at it and post back to this thread once I have got something to work :)

Page 1 of 1