Velux integra

Posted on
Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:31 pm
steveoidm offline

Velux integra

Anyone managed to integrate this with indigo?

http://www.velux.co.uk/products/home-automation

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:38 pm
steveoidm offline

Re: Velux integra

Looks like it uses a new somfy technology, different bands to RTS and secure too. Looks doable but I guess with another hub?

http://www.io-homecontrol.com/index.php/en/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:05 am
neilk offline

Hi,
I don't have this controller, but looking quickly at the documentation it seems just to be a new remote type (albeit quite sophisticated) for the existing "io-homecontrol" protocols that Velux use for their blinds/windows. I have this integrated with Indigo via the KLF100 Interface that also interfaces with this. Basically I attached a dual fibaro relay to the respective open and close inputs on the KLF100 and I can open and close all of the solar blinds on my Velux windows. For my use case it is fine, but the KLF 100 can only operate one "group" of blinds or windows, so for example I close and open the blinds in our bedroom (2 of them) and the two kids rooms (one each) on the same interface (they can still use the local remotes to open and close) but If I wanted to operate them independently then I would need a dedicated KLF100 for each group of blinds and windows. For me I just want to close them all when the alarm arms, and open when it disarms in certain time windows and it works fine. I also don't use any "partial" opening, I just use them for fully open or closed via the interface.
Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:41 am
steveoidm offline

Interesting, thanks. I just have two windows in the living room and they should be in sync at all times so that sounds fine.

Do you also have window opening / closing automated this way or just the blinds?

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:09 am
neilk offline

I don't have the opening controlled (yet!) but from memory you can group multiple devices with their open and close action so I see no reason why it would not. You basically use the existing remote to programme it (I my case the small white three button ones). I got mine on eBay, with a "make an offer" bid and was able to get it more reasonably as I wasn't sure how effective it would be. The range is pretty good, I have mine in the airing cupboard and don't have any range issues with blinds at opposite ends of the house, as the thing is quite chunky.

Page 1 of 1