Trouble getting reliable operation

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:08 am
mlew offline

Trouble getting reliable operation

Hi i posted couple of weeks ago on an issue with status not working correctly but unfortunately no replies so have been reading through pages and pages of posts trying to find some answers. Now i am really confused!

Do i need to install SoCo or Sonospy as well as the plugin or am i missing something?

Main issue i have is the play, pause, skip work one day then stop, if i restart plug in the then work ok for bit. Have given up on Status as only seems to work once then stops.

Any suggestions would be greatly received :)

Thanks

Mark

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:29 pm
rapamatic offline

Re: Trouble getting reliable operation

I have similar issues, I think the code is still a bit buggy (as its quite complex), but it seems like Nick has been busy with other stuff lately (I think I remember seeing something about him traveling)... I don't know what is typically done in situations like this... putting the code on github or some other open source host where the community can update the code? Given the complexity of the code, I think there would be a pretty steep learning curve to get up to speed on what Nick's done....

Posted on
Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:28 am
mlew offline

i have tried all sorts over last few days to solve this, including removing plugin, reinstalling, wiping whole Sonos system etc etc Nothing worked, then last night whilst installing couple of other plugins i noticed the status of the Sonos devices where working!!

Havent got a clue how or how long it will work for but for now its ok.

one last thing i want to achieve is album art on the control screen, how is best way of achieving this? I understand it needs to be refreshing URL but where do i get current Album art from?

Thanks

Mark

Posted on
Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:48 am
Different Computers offline

There's not a plugin for this,it's a well documented script. I use it with iTunes, but I think it works with Sonos.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:07 pm
nanobots offline

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm having issues with the statuses updating as well. Seems to intermittently work/not work.

Posted on
Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:11 pm
Londonmark offline

+1

Posted on
Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:10 am
mclass offline

+1

Posted on
Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:33 pm
nlagaros offline

Hey all - sorry I've been away. I'm back - hopefully for a while! Can you let me know if you are still having issues and what version of OS X and the Sonos plugin you are using. Thanks.

Posted on
Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:01 pm
Londonmark offline

Latest version of everything (but not Sierra). Biggest issue is status not updating plus playlist and radio stations not showing particularly well.

Posted on
Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:20 pm
nlagaros offline

That is major - it means the subscriptions to the ZonePlayers are not working at all. I apologize if you sent me a debug in the past, but would you mind turning on debug, restarting the plugin, and sending me the output. Thanks.

Londonmark wrote:
Latest version of everything (but not Sierra). Biggest issue is status not updating plus playlist and radio stations not showing particularly well.

Posted on
Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:17 pm
MarcoGT offline

Status is not a problem for me, but the play/announcement/play is sometimes a problem.

Posted on
Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:55 am
Londonmark offline

Nick,

Here's a link to a the event log output... https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjfzz78rs1qyl ... s.rtf?dl=0

I have several grouped players and a control page showing album art for each room. Four rooms should be showing the same album art, but they don't - only the main player shows the correct art.

The other problem is that if I am not playing a radio station, the "Station" field still shows the previously playing station; if I am playing a radio station, then the track field will show something like "x-sonosapi-stream:s25419?sid=254&flags=32".

Mark

Posted on
Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:08 am
nlagaros offline

I just posted an update (v0.9.9) that my solve issues with cover art updates, and playing state updates when grouping. Please give that a try. I'll add the ZP_Station issue to the list.

Londonmark wrote:
Nick,

Here's a link to a the event log output... https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjfzz78rs1qyl ... s.rtf?dl=0

I have several grouped players and a control page showing album art for each room. Four rooms should be showing the same album art, but they don't - only the main player shows the correct art.

The other problem is that if I am not playing a radio station, the "Station" field still shows the previously playing station; if I am playing a radio station, then the track field will show something like "x-sonosapi-stream:s25419?sid=254&flags=32".

Mark

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:45 pm
Londonmark offline

Hi Nick

Many thanks - cover art working well.

LM

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:44 pm
nlagaros offline

Awesome. I'm feeling very good about this release. Think we are in good shape for a while.

Londonmark wrote:
Hi Nick

Many thanks - cover art working well.

LM

Page 1 of 1