Sonos - The Beginning

Posted on
Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:16 pm
AlecSB offline

Re: Sonos - The Beginning

I posted this to the Sonospy github page but I have decided to post it here as well in case any of you could help me.
Hey guys, much respect for what you are doing and from reading what some people have got going with this software it looks amazing.

I am stuck in a bind at the moment, where it seems like the only option for my configuration to be able to surpass the 65k track limit is this application. The only problem is that I am a bit of a linux new as well as not being familiar with python.

On Ubuntu 11.x I have tried following the installation instructions, I downloaded every dependency I could see required and then I attempted running the python_web script. After running this, I look inside the log file and its giving me tons of issues, lots of "bash not found" etc errors.

On Windows 7 I have also tried to follow those specific instructions and I too met failure. At first when I ran the script I had a "Python Command Not Found" in the log. To alleviate this I changed my enviromental variable in order to include the python installation and after I did this I seem to be able to run the python_web.cmd without any errors appearing in the logs. I optimistically thought that perhaps I had the server running, but unfortunately I cannot log into any server, be it attempting via localhost, or remotely within my network.

I am really at my wits end, I wish I had the time to really learn this stuff but I am so busy with work and we need some way to get around the 65k limit. I know of the WMP fixes and such but unfortunately due to our NAS and RAID parameters the only way to do this without buying an expensive RAID controller would be to use your software.

I am asking if any of you could give me a hand a really give me a "For Dummies" explanation of how I can get this running. E.g: what OS? exactly what dependencies? exactly what commands?. I know I ask for alot, really I would appreciate any help.

Thank You.

Alec.

Posted on
Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:17 pm
AlecSB offline

By the way... the only feature I require is to get around the 65k limit. Unfortunately Sonospy is the only method which would work for me.

Posted on
Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:13 pm
nlagaros offline

Terry,

For Pandora, there is a setting on the website to make your profile public. You need to enable that for this to work - I actually call out to the Pandora site to pull down the playlist - that is what the user id is for. I have no choice here because I have no access to the Pandora API, so I cannot programatically authenticate to the site and pull the playlists. If you sign on to the Pandora website with your email address, you will see that there is a user id assigned to you - I believe you choose this when you sign up for the service.

Posted on
Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:46 pm
terrydew offline

Thanks. I will try that.

Posted on
Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:57 pm
aghnj offline

Your plugin is working great with my system. Thank you!
Do you have any intention on expanding to include other Sonos-enabled services, e.g. Spotify and/or MOG?
Not sure how much work that would entail.
Keep up the great work!

Also - in the current station/track display - to get around the text string length limitation while displaying the values on an Indigo Touch control page? e.g. -
photo.PNG
photo.PNG (102.04 KiB) Viewed 4187 times

Adam

Posted on
Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:20 pm
nlagaros offline

Adam,

I hadn't intended on writing connectivity to additional sources (MOG, Spotify). I don't use them, but would consider if there was significant interest. It really depends on how complicated or available the APIs are for those music sources. I can't pull data from Sonos directly and would have to authenticate directly to those services.

As far as the text strings, you can expand the text boxes in the control page editor as wide as you need to. Looks like you haven't changed from the default.

Posted on
Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:21 pm
nlagaros offline

I just pushed a minor update out.

v0.4.1 - 07/14/2012
  • Displays IP address of ZonePlayer in Indigo Address field.
  • Writes JPG album art file to /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/IndigoWebServer/images/Sonos/[ZonePlayer Name]_art.jpg

Posted on
Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:59 pm
blakekrone offline

Just started to use this plugin and it's looking good. I'd like to see it default the artwork though to a no music playing icon of sorts instead of simply deleting the file. When the file gets deleted the log fills up with 404 errors and messed with layouts on control pages.

Also, I noticed that when I have a zone with a sub attached the name is Garage (L + R) for example when all I want is Garage. Can you parse out the () junk?

Posted on
Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:49 pm
nlagaros offline

blakekrone - I just posted an update that copies a default image if no art is retrieved. That should take care of the control page errors. I'm not sure I understand what you need when referring to the zone names. I merely read that directly from the Sonos ZonePlayer - no altercation is done on my part. What are you trying to accomplish that does not work? I don't want to mess with that particular state.

Posted on
Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:55 pm
blakekrone offline

nlagaros wrote:
blakekrone - I just posted an update that copies a default image if no art is retrieved. That should take care of the control page errors. I'm not sure I understand what you need when referring to the zone names. I merely read that directly from the Sonos ZonePlayer - no altercation is done on my part. What are you trying to accomplish that does not work? I don't want to mess with that particular state.

Great, will give the new version a go.

The issue with the name is that if you have a Sonos component that has a sub for example or is setup as a stereo pair it adds a
Code: Select all
(L+R)
for stereo pair or
(+SUB)
to the component name. This is stripped from all user facing displays except for the preferences page of a controller.

What I've done with some web stuff I've played with on my Sonos is doing a regex on the component name for those strings, if present exactly as specified then remove so it isn't shown and the name is presented to the user as they have named it in the system.

Posted on
Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:44 am
nlagaros offline

Let's move this thread to the new message board for Indigo Sonos discussion: http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=30

Posted on
Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:40 pm
dmeeker@mac.com offline

I am curious to know if you have tested the plugin on mountain lion.
I installed it today and created a trigger, but am getting an error in indigo:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 46, in runConcurrentThread
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 92, in runConcurrentThread
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 197, in checkDirect
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 202, in checkOneDirect
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 168, in SOAPSend
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/httplib.py", line 860, in endheaders
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/httplib.py", line 732, in _send_output
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/httplib.py", line 699, in send
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/httplib.py", line 683, in connect
<class 'socket.error'>: (61, 'Connection refused')

Sonos Error                     plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
  Sonos Error                     Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

I noticed that the date on the file was from July, but it looks like on your wiki you note that you made some changes in November. Any chance the files are out of sync?

Thanks!

dave

Posted on
Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:40 pm
wideglidejrp offline

I am getting a lot of Sonos plugin errors. The functions are generally working but sometimes I have to reload the plugin to make things work. Here is what I am getting:

Sonos Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 53, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 100, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 206, in checkDirect
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 218, in checkOneDirect
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 367, in parsePositionInfo
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 124, in urlopen
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 387, in open
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 498, in http_response
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 425, in error
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 360, in _call_chain
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 506, in http_error_default
<class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

Sonos Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 127, in actionZP_RT_FavStation
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 842, in actionDirect
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 218, in checkOneDirect
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 367, in parsePositionInfo
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 124, in urlopen
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 387, in open
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 498, in http_response
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 425, in error
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 360, in _call_chain
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 506, in http_error_default
<class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:43 pm
alistair offline

Is this plugin still downloadable anywhere?

Posted on
Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:38 pm
nlagaros offline

The plugin is on my wiki site: https://vulture.lagaros.com/wiki/projects/homeautomation/Home_Automation.html

I've been working on the beginnings of an experimental release that is more event based. I'm not quite there yet, but have made some progress.

Page 19 of 37 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 37