Sonos - The Beginning

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2012 7:00 am
nlagaros offline

Re: Sonos - The Beginning

Thanks for all the testing - and yes, fixing the ip addresses will certainly help. I have yet another update posted:

v0.3.1 - 05/06/2012
  • Migrated most actions to direct ZonePlayer communications (PLAY, PAUSE, STOP, PREV, NEXT, MUTE, VOLUME). Separated PLAY and PAUSE in to two distinct actions.
  • Plugin now requires IP addresses for each ZonePlayer to be entered in configuration dialog.

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2012 10:30 am
nlagaros offline

I'm continuing on with the removal of SonosPy - starting with the Line-In handling. The SOAP messages are becoming just a bit more complicated, but I will get there. Expect v0.3.2 out in the next few days that should have this working. After that, I will tackle playlists and Internet radio stations. I'm starting to see that I should be able to do grouping and line-in broadcasts at some point in the near future.

I welcome any additional suggestions along the way.

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2012 1:05 pm
dproctor offline

Thanks for you're efforts. All the basic functionality seems to be working fine for me. Not a big issue but I did notice that the previous track command doesnt go to the beginning of the current song if in the middle like the desktop controller, it just goes to to previous track with one touch. Therefore if it is the first track in the queue you can't restart the song that way. But like I said, no big deal. If possible in the future along with playlists and radio, I'd like to be able to select pandora and SiriusXM. Again, thanks for all your work.

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2012 1:08 pm
nlagaros offline

I just posted v0.3.2 with Line-In functionality migrated to direct ZonePlayer communications. Think I've exhausted myself on this for the week.. will resume in a few days.

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2012 1:09 pm
nlagaros offline

dproctor - will keep your request in mind. I also would like the PREV command to work that way. I'll see what I can do when I have some time.

I'm also a Pandora fan, so will look to create some custom code for Pandora playlists soon.

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2012 9:18 pm
terrydew offline

Been away for several days and just saw your posts. This sounds like great news and I will test in the am. Anyone know how to set fixed ip in sonos? Don't recall it being in Sonos but not at computer to look now?

Thanks for your effort.

Terry

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2012 4:38 pm
terrydew offline

Updated today and it looks like the direct connect is going to work much better. I assigned fixed ip in my airport extreme by mac addresses.

Do we still need to run sonospy?

I am still getting some errors from in the log which I assume are from sonospy.

Waiting for you to completely switch over to direct for detail testing but all the basic commands seem to work faster and more reliably. Status change is consistent and quicker.

Terry

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2012 10:32 pm
nlagaros offline

SonosPy is still required for startup, playlists, and internet radio. I'll attack those soon - the logic and command set is more tricky, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can bang it out and we will be free from SonosPy. Then on to the good stuff.

Posted on
Tue May 08, 2012 9:32 am
mat offline

Sounds great. Can't wait to find an hour so I can test.

Keep up the good work.

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Fri May 11, 2012 1:25 pm
nlagaros offline

Hi All,

I have another update available for download:

v0.3.3 - 05/11/2012
  • There is a new plugin configuration item that asks for the Reference ZonePlayer IP. This can be the ip address of any active ZonePlayer. This is required to query for playlists and radio stations.
  • Added/Fixed Sonos Playlist action. The action attempts to mimic the four play modes in the Sonos Controller: Play Now, Play Next, Add To Queue, and Replace Queue.

The only reliance on SonosPy at this point is the Internet Radio Station functionality. I am going to add some other control actions first, then tackle that piece. Once SonosPy is completely deprecated, I will clean up the code and plugin configuration dialog.

I'd like to get a sense for how many folks are testing or are interested in this plugin - if you wouldn't mind shooting me a quick note, I'd appreciate it.

Posted on
Fri May 11, 2012 9:49 pm
terrydew offline

I am interested in testing and using.

Terry

Posted on
Sat May 12, 2012 12:32 am
mat offline

Me too, hopefully will find an hour to test today, and looking forward to not relying on sonospy (great software, but nice to only use indigo)

Mat

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Sat May 12, 2012 4:59 am
nlagaros offline

Well thanks Mat and Terry - you are the two I've been relying on for testing and helping make this plugin a reality. I'm very close with the Internet Radio. I found the favorites which I will use in favor of what I did before in reading the entire RadioTime database. That can be a future addition. I may actually get something out this weekend that is fully independent of SonosPy.

Then Terry it is on to grouping!

Posted on
Sat May 12, 2012 8:13 am
terrydew offline

That would be great!! I will try to test the new playlist function today. Please let us know if you have any particular areas to focus on.

Terry

Posted on
Sat May 12, 2012 11:59 am
nlagaros offline

Likely my final update for the week, but a significant one. I've fully removed all reliance on SonosPy, so this plugin runs alone!

v0.3.5 - 05/12/2012
  • Migrated RadioTime actions to direct communications. The plugin reads favorite radio stations from the reference ZonePlayer to construct available choices.
  • Added device action: Toggle Play
  • Added devices actions to set queue modes: Repeat, Shuffle, and Crossfade
  • Cleaned all SonosPy code out of plugin - there is now no reliance on SonosPy.

Page 15 of 37 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 37