TP-Link Plugin v 0.9.9 / v1.0

Posted on
Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:51 pm
vvrangler offline

Re: TP-Link Plugin v 0.9.9 / v1.0

I have a TP-Link KL135 dimmable color bulb and each time it communicates I get these errors in the log.

Code: Select all
TP-Link Devices                 Pantry Bulb found set to On, brightness 2
   Error                           device "Pantry Bulb" state key Hue not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Pantry Bulb" state key Saturation not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Pantry Bulb" state key colorTemp not defined (ignoring update request)

Anyone else seeing this or know how to resolve it?

Posted on
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:00 pm
jtburgess offline

Re: TP-Link Plugin v 0.9.9 / v1.0

TP-Link Devices Pantry Bulb found set to On, brightness 2
Error device "Pantry Bulb" state key Hue not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Pantry Bulb" state key Saturation not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Pantry Bulb" state key colorTemp not defined (ignoring update request)

That’s odd, a color bulb without hue, saturation and color?
They must have changed to a different coding (RGB?)

I’m leaving for Texas tomorrow and won’t be able to look at it for a week.

While I’m gone, could you please collect some data for me.

Click on “Show Events Log Folder” in the top left of the log window, then open the com.*.TP-Link-Device folder, then double-click plug-in.log. This will open it with Console, which follows the end as it grows.
Look for a message with XML that starts {‘system’: {‘get_sysinfo’: etc.

If you don’t see that message, set the plug-in config to have log level set to THREADDEBUG (or it may say DeepDebug).
You’ll definitely see that message then. :)

Copy at least that entire message . You can copy a bigger chunk of the log, as long as it has that “sysinfo” message.

Send me an email with that copied log fragment, and then you can set the log level back to normal. I will be checking email.