Posted on
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:32 pm
mundmc offline

Price Increase

kw123 wrote:
Is there a life time license ?
Like 10 years and you are done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I support having some form of indigo pension.

Edit: M&J, this may sound like a weird question, but do you WANT more users or are you just maintaining and improving this out of love for the product in the Fanbase? As you know I've been pretending to be a 25 year old YouTuber/Instagrammer, and the fan base is very moldable. I'm always conflicted with how much to reference indigo specifically or to plug it specifically.

Posted on
Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:54 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Price Increase

Indigo Domotics is a business with full time employees - so, yeah, we want more users/revenue so we can continue to get paid. It's harder and harder to acquire them given the capabilities of the newer technologies (which basically have free "hubs"), the fact that we're tied to the Mac and require it to be running 24x7, etc.

Indigo still has advantages over the less costly alternatives: combining a variety of different technologies and platforms into a single, easily managed "smart home", the ability to do very complex automations. All with very responsive customer support primarily here on the forums.

Getting a younger audience would be great, particularly if some small percentage of those end up becoming power users who contribute to the ecosystem. That's been one of our biggest advantages for a while now and increasing interest and capability in that area is definitely a good thing for everyone.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:43 am
mundmc offline

jay (support) wrote:

Getting a younger audience would be great, particularly if some small percentage of those end up becoming power users who contribute to the ecosystem.

: ) hold my beer

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:07 pm
Different Computers offline

I used to post about Indigo any time it was reasonable on Reddit, but with Reddit flushing itself down the corporate tubes, I’ve shifted to Lemmy..

Smaller audience, less spez.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:09 am
mundmc offline

I should check that- Reddit has had a notable drop in activity since the blackout

Page 1 of 1