Love the new name & the new web site...

Posted on
Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:34 pm
jltnol offline

Love the new name & the new web site...

Moving on is always a good thing.

I AM curious to any reactions you may have to Apple's WWDC announcement about Home Automation.... Frankly, I LOVE Apple, but can't think of any single thing I'd change about Indigo, so short of some major "parting of water" feature, keys to nukes, or-tele transportation ability, I don't see how or why I would leave Indigo Domotics for whatever Apple may have to offer.. Those feature will be in V7, right ? :mrgreen:

PLEASE keep up the GREAT work, Jay & Matt. :lol: ... ALL of us appreciate it! 8)

Posted on
Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:18 pm
chobo offline

Re: Love the new name & the new web site...

Couldn't agree more... Great new name and site just as the Apple community is paying a bit more attention to domotics thanks to the HomeKit (http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?t=12055&p=80669#p80669) announcement! Keep up the incredible work Matt & Jay! 8)
Last edited by chobo on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:26 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Odd - not sure why your posts are being displayed as alerts. Guess I have another bug to look at. :P

[EDIT] The theme we used as the starter for our skin apparently wraps new posts in an alert - so you can tell it's new I suppose. Not a bug... :lol:

The timing was completely coincidental. We've been trying to get this done for months (literally) and have just now gotten everything done(ish).

HomeKit: viewtopic.php?t=12055&p=80669#p80669

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:18 am
howartp offline

I also like the new name and website on the whole.

One point I'm not so keen on on the homepage - which might just be me - is the 'Expandable' image; it looks very much like a Google Ad, which in turn demotes your excellent website from a good product site to one of the thousands of news/blog pages which are littered with google ad's, facebook links, trackbacks. If I'm looking for say a new piece of software, I look for good product sites to backup the development of that companies products; sites which are thrown together with cheap website builders and Google Ads for revenue point to a not-so-flourishing company?

On the forum front, have you considered implementing the Tapatalk plugin for phpBB so iOS Tapatalk users can follow the forum and their threads?

Peter

Posted on
Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:15 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I can see how being hit with a bit "Save Money" slide can look like ad from an ad network. We'll consider how we might re-word the initial slide and/or include Indigo specific references to provide a better visual clues that the slides are talking about Indigo.

Thanks for the feedback.

Posted on
Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:30 am
kw123 offline

I like the "ego" :wink: naming of your own posts.

Posted on
Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:16 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

howartp wrote:
If I'm looking for say a new piece of software, I look for good product sites to backup the development of that companies products; sites which are thrown together with cheap website builders and Google Ads for revenue point to a not-so-flourishing company?r

As the guy who's primarily responsible for the new design and implementation, I can safely say that this site was most definitely not "thrown together with cheap website builders"... :roll:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:54 am
howartp offline

jay (support) wrote:
howartp wrote:
If I'm looking for say a new piece of software, I look for good product sites to backup the development of that companies products; sites which are thrown together with cheap website builders and Google Ads for revenue point to a not-so-flourishing company?r

As the guy who's primarily responsible for the new design and implementation, I can safely say that this site was most definitely not "thrown together with cheap website builders"... :roll:

Absolutely not - I was putting you in the FIRST bracket (good product sites to backup the development of that companies products) NOT the second! That's why I don't want your reputation tarnishing by what might appear to be Google Ads if you spend only 5 seconds looking before hitting the back button and finding the next search result.

Peter

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:03 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

howartp wrote:
On the forum front, have you considered implementing the Tapatalk plugin for phpBB so iOS Tapatalk users can follow the forum and their threads?

We've just enabled tapatalk support for the forums.

Posted on
Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:30 am
kw123 offline

works well !!

Posted on
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:28 am
howartp offline

Ditto - thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1