Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:03 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

Gotcha, maybe a darker soft glow to make them stand out and a lighter glow
to indicate active?

Either way, happy to help in any way I can.

Carl

Posted on
Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:17 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Maybe something like this would look a bit nicer?

Carl
Attachments
Black Button Fix.jpg
Black Button Fix.jpg (40.31 KiB) Viewed 7404 times

Posted on
Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:21 pm
Mark offline

Nice. (But blue to match his other "on" states.)

Posted on
Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:02 pm
ckeyes888 offline

True...just a draft.

Carl

Posted on
Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:38 pm
gtreece offline

That does look good, Carl. I don't personally notice the designed light edge as a distraction, but the softer edge you present also looks great.

I spent some time building out some iPad versions to get a feel for the difference in screen size. One thing is certain, Indigo Touch is lightning fast switching between control pages, and that's very nice. The 7" screen on the Playbook is easier to manage as a remote, just from the size perspective.

Mark, I spent some time scripting, to allow switching between remotes, without backing up and then going forward again. Still evaluating the overall layout, but on screens like the audio and video controllers, I added button bars at the top to select zones and sources. Because every remote has different functionality, it still needs to load a new control page, but I can now go to the 'audio' bucket, and from that one screen, do everything audio. Same with video. I figured out how to script Pulsar to tune directly to a SiriusXM station, rather than just move forward and backward through presets, so I started building out a panel of favorite radio stations, just like I'm building out a panel of favorite TV channels. The favorite buttons tune the channel, and deliver you right back to the remote.

I also started putting together a weather panel. Even with the various weather scripts and plugins available, not small feat.

I'm very pleased with the functionality and look so far. Still lots to do, but I put what I had working so far into my daughter's hands, and she took right off with it. Here are a few of the iPad screens:
Attachments
photo 3.PNG
photo 3.PNG (415.63 KiB) Viewed 7394 times
photo 2.PNG
photo 2.PNG (361.94 KiB) Viewed 7394 times
photo 1.PNG
photo 1.PNG (341.92 KiB) Viewed 7394 times

Posted on
Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:05 pm
Korey offline

gtreece wrote:
I'm very pleased with the functionality and look so far. Still lots to do, but I put what I had working so far into my daughter's hands, and she took right off with it. Here are a few of the iPad screens:

These look Fantastic!

How did you create them? did you use the control page editor in indigo, or an external editor?

--
Korey

Posted on
Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:27 pm
gtreece offline

I'm doing them all in the control page editor As noted in an earlier post, I purchased a graphics set that had most of the elements I was looking for, so my graphics work has been limited. Time spent is mostly going into the functionality behind them.

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:49 am
Mark offline

Here's an idea I've yet to try myself, but I was intrigued by it when I saw it. Might be something you could use.

If you had two screens you needed to bounce between, instead of two separate pages, you build one double wide page. You set the viewport to the right value and one "half" of the page will load full screen. Then you can just "flip" between screens with a flick of a finger...

You could even replicate the master elements to complete the illusion.

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:04 am
Dewster35 offline

Mark, I was playing around with something like that myself, but I believe the control page zooms first to the full width of the control page by default. I am working on an iPhone control page that is similar to that idea but it runs vertically... it's not complete yet, but the general use is working pretty well for me so far. So in short, if he makes it where it is a double page vertically, that would work. Of course, I think this could all be handled much more elegantly if we just had a way to get out of the bread crumb trail of control page history without having to have an escape button and then have to kill the app. :mrgreen:

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 am
Mark offline

Yes, to solve the initial zoom issue you have to modify the viewport setting. It's part of the control page's HTML code. Not sure that holds true for Touch, but I've been assuming your device is using web pages. I forget how I messed with the viewport, some where in a template I think.

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:52 am
Dewster35 offline

Mark... it's time to redo all your pages to work on the iPad ;)

Sorry... I never use the web for any of my pages. The clean and responsive user interface on an IOS device is so much nicer... it probably makes sense if I buy a couple of cheap android'y tables for wall mounts to get more into the web interface side though.

Pretty sure that is how the default zooming works on Indigo Touch unless Jay or Matt want to chime in on a work around.

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:15 am
Mark offline

Not yet! I access my pages on my desktops and TVs at least as much as on my pad! And the thought of maintaining multiple sets of pages for multiple devices... yikes. Besides, my pages work fine on iPad. They're only big on iPhone.

Since the Touch pages must be rendering the HTML that a web control page is based upon, they might be subject to the same zoom control a web page is. Jay?

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:37 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Control pages in Indigo Touch are not rendered using HTML for various reasons so HTML tricks don't apply. The default behavior when opening a control page in IT is to zoom to width and let scrolling go vertically - that's the most common use-case that seems to satisfy most users.

We have some requests to create settings to adjust this behavior that we'll be evaluating for the next release of IT.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:05 am
Dewster35 offline

Thought I'd post some pictures of my iPhone audio pages... they are based on the iPad page I have, but I am scrolling everything vertically. Additionally, when going to a playlist or station page, it launches those music selections and pops back over to the main audio control page creating a nice UX.

IMG_0077.PNG
IMG_0077.PNG (181.55 KiB) Viewed 7288 times

IMG_0078.PNG
IMG_0078.PNG (90.4 KiB) Viewed 7288 times

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:19 am
Dewster35 offline

Are you guys also evaluating portrait version landscape switching between pages? I'm sure it's a lot more difficult than it sounds, but I could see where that would be a nice feature. Also, is there any general timeline for the update to the IT app? Mid year, end of year? 2013?

Page 19 of 68 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 68