Problems with bank

Posted on
Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:34 am
rschneid offline

Problems with bank

I started with x10. That never seemed reliable and my wife really hated it. The bank barely noticed.
I moved to insteon and isy99. My wife was a lot happier. My purchases got on the radar.
I moved to Indigo and Mac. Everything works all the time and I have a plethora of data and integrated stuff where I never did before:
I have added Zwave CO/Smoke detectors (replacing all of my old detectors - half of which had dead batteries! Good bye to that problem and good bye to the famous problem of WHICH F..g detector is beeping!!!!!
I have added a Zwave alarm so that if something goes wrong we will know about it
I have added timers on doors so that "left open doors" are a thing of the past
I am adding Sonos Integration now
I finally have a reliable bathroom motion light program (it never seemed to be on when it was supposed to be or else it was on when it was not supposed to be)
I have a logging program tracking the temps in the attic, first floor and basement so I can finally understand what is happening from a temp perspective in my house (is the attic vent fan even working?)
I have added a battery monitoring program so that I now which motion sensors are approaching battery death (never seemed to work under ISY)
I LOVE the interfaces to Indigo. I can and do modify the governing programs from anywhere!
Could I have done all of this from ISY, probably. But the interfaces are sufficiently convoluted that I never did.

Anyway in the last 2 months my house has really started to behave like a Smart House! Go Indigo!
The only problem is that my purchases are showing up on the bank statement! :wink: (and I am not done yet)
EcoVents next on the list!

Rich S.

Posted on
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:04 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Problems with bank

Thanks for sharing - we believe you are pretty much our target demographic. We call it advanced DIY. It's people who have found other platforms limiting, normally by capability and often accompanied by usability.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1