My case study now up at Vesternet

Posted on
Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:50 am
durosity offline

Re: My case study now up at Vesternet

Shutter wrote:
I bought it before I installed the DSC Alarm and now have an indoor sounder for that. So I was thinking to either put it in the conservatory or outside under the man cave porch. If the alarm is tripped it sets off the Z-Wave siren as well. You know, to let the whole world know.

Yeah i figured it'd be something like that.. i've always been a bit dubious about security devices that rely on indigo to work.. not because i don't trust Indigo, i do, but rather i'd fear the Mac mini it runs on might fail or there's a power cut and the UPS is drained before the mains is restore.

I look forward to hearing it in person at the party. ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:20 pm
howartp offline

Never mind about the swimming pool and log cabin - I want to watch a movie in your cinema!

Great case study, and it's even opened my eyes to things I didn't know about / hadn't thought about, despite being a regular here.

How do you do the text messaging?

Peter

Posted on
Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:29 pm
durosity offline

I missed the bit about the cinema. So when's the party happening? And i assume you're paying for it all, Colin.. since you seem to live in a mansion with pools, guest lodges and cinemas? Perhaps you could fly Matt & Jay over too.. give them a well deserved holiday from Indigo Touch 2.0? ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:34 pm
howartp offline

[like] !