Indigo Web Server memory usage climbs slowly

Posted on
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm
BeeEss offline

Indigo Web Server memory usage climbs slowly

Hi, y'all:

I'm having trouble with the Indigo Web Server plugin slowly consuming more and more memory over time. When the utilization gets high enough, my control pages start to load slowly and in a herky-jerky manner. A restart of the Indigo Server clears everything up, but then the cycle starts again. This is where it gets after about a week's time - the highlight in the screenshot is /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Plugins/.Web Server.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin:

After quite a bit of testing, I think I know what causes the problem but I'm not sure how to fix it. I have a MagicMirror instance on a different server. Its configuration includes three iframes that tell the endpoint to load Indigo control pages to display some information from Indigo. The highlighted areas are my three oddly shaped control pages that load in iframes; the rest of the content comes from MagicMirror itself:

When MagicMirror is not running, I don't have the problem (I shut it down for a week and the IWS memory utilization stayed low and relatively static the whole time.) When MM is running, it is only accessed by one endpoint - an Apple TV where I've installed a web browser that I customized to only load MagicMirror (point there is that when it is running, it is running most of the day.)

I started having problems with the upgrade to Indigo 2022.2 - never had any trouble with prior Indigo versions and I didn't touch the MM configuration or my control pages during the upgrade. After the switch to 2022.2, I had posted about slow-loading control pages. I now suspect that problem was related to the memory usage, but I didn't realize it at the time. I'm now on 2023.2, and while it is better (the slowdowns aren't nearly as pronounced as they were on 2022.2) the memory utilization still has me vexed. Any ideas would be appreciated. Indigo 2023.2.0 on a 2018 Intel Mac Mini, 6-core i7, 32GB RAM, Ventura 13.6.1.

In the alternative, is there a way to schedule a reboot of only the Indigo Web Server rather than the entire thing and all the plugins? That's just a workaround, but it wouldn't bother me to just reset it each night while I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Web Server memory usage climbs slowly

Is MagicMirror reloading the page frequently?

You can reload the web server using the Reload Plugin action, it's id is com.indigodomo.webserver

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm
BeeEss offline

Re: Indigo Web Server memory usage climbs slowly

Is MagicMirror reloading the page frequently?

Possibly. There is a refresh option in its settings that I set to disable (i.e. do not refresh) but due to its nature I'm not sure how I would know for certain. I've never seen it refresh (in the sense that I have never seen the iframes disappear for a second and then come back again as if if you were to reload a browser tab.)

If the disable refresh option I have configured isn't actually working for some reason, the default refresh time is 30 seconds. That'd be a lot of page loads - do you think that would be enough to start causing problems?

Edit - thanks for the info on the web server reboot! I'll keep it on hand as a last resort if I can't figure out anything else.

Page 1 of 1