Web server error

Posted on
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:23 am
lochnesz offline

Web server error

Any idea what happened here? Latest Indigo version running:

Error (client) getXmlFromPlugin() caught exception: incorrect type returned (expected XML string)
Error (client) runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]
Web Server Error PluginConfig.xml has an error: [Errno 24] Too many open files: './PluginConfig.xml'
Web Server Error Error in plugin execution CallPluginFunc:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1070, in get_prefs_config_ui_xml
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 714, in _xml_or_json_parse
type: PluginConfig.xml is malformed

Image is from Android tablet.

Rebooting the server didn't help, but turning on web server debugging did resolve this (!)
(No additional debugging info shown)
Attachments
20240305_081011_resized_1.jpg
20240305_081011_resized_1.jpg (173.65 KiB) Viewed 288 times

Posted on
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:31 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Web server error

I don't recall hearing of this problem before. It sounds like the Web Server plugin got into a bad state. After you put the plugin into debug mode--and the problem went away--did you turn debug mode back off? In other words, did switching the mode on/off fix the problem or is the problem still apparent with debug mode turned off?

Sometimes, all that's required is to re-run the Indigo installer.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:24 am
lochnesz offline

Hi,

I turned debug mode off and the issue is still resolved, so yes, turning debug on/off resolved this. Strange that a reboot didn't resolve it though.

I feel that the web server tends to get slower over time, but then a reboot usually gets it back on track. Then it runs fine for 2-3 weeks until the response from tablets gets slow again. I did run the installation package another time a few weeks ago, but it feels like the web server feeds up with something over time. Memory and CPU is fine.

Posted on
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:29 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

This "too many open files" error show in the event log:

Web Server Error PluginConfig.xml has an error: [Errno 24] Too many open files: './PluginConfig.xml'

means your Mac is running out of file descriptor resources. This shouldn't happen, but can if there is a bug in a script, plugin, or app. What 3rd party plugins are you running? And on the Web Server side are you leaving some browsers open on Control Pages continuously?

Posted on
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:10 am
lochnesz offline

Here is a screenshot with the plugins running. The web server is mainly used from 4 android tablets and 1 ipad showing control pages 24/7 (including some video from cameras).
Attachments
plugins_indigo.jpg
plugins_indigo.jpg (143.1 KiB) Viewed 220 times

Posted on
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:15 am
lochnesz offline

So with a scheduled reset of the web server every night, all is working fine. However the best would be to find the root cause and fix it.

Page 1 of 1