Indigo Touch won't connect to server

Posted on
Fri May 17, 2013 6:12 pm
crofford offline

Indigo Touch won't connect to server

This is really weird and I'm pulling my hair out.
I'm running Indigo server with standard network ports. I'm on local wifi so I'm not dealing with NAT issues. I can ping the address. I can connect with an Indigo client. But I can't connect with my iPhone. I get a "Connection to Indigo Server failed: 192.168.0.6".
It's as if the web server isn't running. I've stopped the server task and checked the settings at restart to make sure the remote connect option is checked and I've verified the default port. I've even changed the port to try that as well.

A couple of months ago I moved Indigo server to new server hardware but I'm sure I've used Indigo Touch since then. This seems so basic, but I can't seem to get past this. I'm current on Indigo server at 5.1.8. I'm wondering if there was a server update that was done a while back that introduced this problem??? I don't know what else to look at.

Posted on
Sat May 18, 2013 10:15 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Touch won't connect to server

Try totally turning off the firewall on your Mac (via system preferences->security). Does it then work?

Note the Indigo client talks to the Indigo Server on a different port than Web servers and Indigo Touch, so it is possible for the firewall to block one but not the other.

Posted on
Sun May 19, 2013 7:45 pm
crofford offline

Re: Indigo Touch won't connect to server

Strangest thing....something must have gotten corrupted. The only thing that fixed it was a re-install of Indigo.

Page 1 of 1