KPL Buttons Sync w/ FanLinc

Posted on
Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:18 pm
CraigM offline

KPL Buttons Sync w/ FanLinc

I have an icon on my CP that controls "cycle through fan speeds" plugin.

How can I get the KPL button lights to sync?

Posted on
Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:40 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: KPL Buttons Sync w/ FanLinc

I have 4 triggers - one for each Fan State change - that sets the appropriate buttons using the "INSTEON Actions->Turn On/Off KeypadLinc Buttons" action. You should read the entire FanLinc and KeypadLinc article, but in particular the last 3 paragraphs.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:47 am
bmcgowan13 offline

Jay-

Probably a dumb question but do I have to execute the Insteon Command to configure the KPL every time?

Or is this something that I just set up--execute once--and the KPL is effectively programmed to the "radio" mode every time?

For some reason I thought that I set it up and executed only once....is that correct?

Posted on
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:17 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Correct - you just need to execute them once. With Indigo 6, we've added those commands to the "Interfaces->INSTEON/X10 Power Line" submenu so you don't actually have to create an action group - you can just select the specific command you're interested in and execute it interactively.

In fact, I may have added those menus in Indigo 5 - check here: "Plugins->INSTEON Commands" - both of those commands may be there as well so you don't have to make the Action Group.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1