Touch forgetting sever credentials on new iPhone 5

Posted on
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:52 pm
makedrinklas offline

Touch forgetting sever credentials on new iPhone 5

Hi, I am noticing IT is frequently asking for my credentials. I've already entered them correctly and it has been working. I need to narrow this down further, but I am canceling out of those prompts and it lands me on the choose a server page and my home server is listed with an exclamation/red triangle. I then select it and everything is fine. A few odd notes: Had some questions with it regarding a connection flood attack (virus barrier caught it) from the phone to my server on the Eye TV port. Without any apps in multi task running (and anything that would connect deleted) it was still trying to get in to the server so I restored the phone. I am pretty sure I deleted Indigo Touch a la carte at some point as well thinking that may be what was trying to call in. (No wireless syncing on and it had never been synced to any machine.) Freaky. So to sum up, now it's asking for my user pass out of the blue now and then after it has been fully working. I tell it no way and then it goes, "oh yeah I do know the user pass." I doubt you can trouble shoot this, but I just wanted to get this out there in case others were having this issue.

Posted on
Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:01 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Touch forgetting sever credentials on new iPhone 5

This always seems to happen on beta OS releases - you don't happen to be running one are you?

Try deleting and redownloading from the store.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:10 am
makedrinklas offline

The latest Indigo 5 on the server... I'll re-download the app...

Posted on
Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:22 am
makedrinklas offline

I deleted the app and restarted the iPhone. I then reinstalled the app and oddly it did not ask me for credentials when I connected to the server. That must mean there are files that don't get deleted when deleting the app? Possibly it's some sort of access/permission issue. As I said I did a phone restore (set up as a new phone), I'm curious if any app setting files are left after a restore as well?

Posted on
Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:25 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

mikedrinks wrote:
I deleted the app and restarted the iPhone. I then reinstalled the app and oddly it did not ask me for credentials when I connected to the server. That must mean there are files that don't get deleted when deleting the app? Possibly it's some sort of access/permission issue. As I said I did a phone restore (set up as a new phone), I'm curious if any app setting files are left after a restore as well?

iOS handles caching the credentials, so they aren't part of the Indigo Touch sandbox file store.

Posted on
Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

And I was referring to an iOS beta, not an Indigo beta... ;)

iOS betas are notoriously bad at saving the credentials that Matt refers to.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:01 pm
makedrinklas offline

I checked the iOS version and it's 6.0.1 so I don't think it's beta? While I was in there I saw a LatestCrash_IndigoTouch_stor.plist file. Do you guys get/have any interest in those or are they mostly only relevant to Apple?

Posted on
Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:38 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You would have had to knowingly install a beta of iOS. It's just a common occurrence during beta so I thought I'd ask - we seem to have a fairly large number of people on the forums that install iOS betas... ;)

You can ignore that file I think.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:52 pm
makedrinklas offline

Ugh. Really bad. I left the house/wifi yesterday and picked up LTE. I have been getting failed to connect/timeouts quite a bit. Even after moving back inside to wifi. Quits/restarts on the phone, no luck. Then I did get the login prompt today on a whim test and it made it in over LTE. Got home, failed to connect. Just now tried again and it's cycling between connecting.../failed to connect. Oddly, Mobile Mouse is also no longer connecting. Could I have a bad phone, EyeTV app blew it up with that flood attack that was picked up by virus barrier on the server, an app I have is causing problems (I went on a DL spree shortly after getting this new 5, possibly restoring/also resetting from settings messes a phone up? Also note, I moved to the 5 because my 4 was having the battery run out in about 4 hours, even with all apps quit. I restored it and now it's been on for days without a charge. I'm thinking something was draining the battery since it now seems fine. Sorry, spitting out what I know because I'm lost and Apple support seems useless and takes a solid hour or two to get a non-answer these days. ..... Suggestions?

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:25 pm
makedrinklas offline

Also, btw my wife can get in fine on her 4s. She's also running iOS 6.0.1. I also just rest network settings/rebooted and still fails to connect. I will look at the Viris Barrier again, maybe I've been firewalled out automatically again. :shock:

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:30 pm
makedrinklas offline

iTunes remote does not work but Air Play does. Weird. I'll check Virus Barrier tomorrow am. Goodnight and thanks for listening to me bitch!

Posted on
Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:08 pm
makedrinklas offline

Yep, my phone's IP has been blocked from connecting due to another flood attack on the server. Time to call Apple. I'll post if I find an answer.

Posted on
Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:23 pm
makedrinklas offline

Went to Apple tonight, sat at the "genius bar" for 65 minutes waiting for service after my appointment. At issue, all of the above. A brand new iphone 5 that was never synced triggering Virus Barrier to block connections originating from it, labeling them as "flood attacks". Also authentications not being saved/recognized/yet persisting after app deletion. Only one app loaded: Indigo Touch. It's working and snappy. Nothing else will be installed for the next 5 days, not even an apple app or update. Currently an unsullied OS 6.0. Gonna figure this out, Indigo is my key app. Not even Reddit, Amazon, or WordsWF will get in my way. Maybe Emoji though. FTS.

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:34 pm
makedrinklas offline

Indigo touch was working over wifi, but left the house and now its asking for user and pass over 4G. I've turned LTE off, still no luck. This is a new iPhone 5 running 6.0 this time, no update. No other apps on the phone. Maybe this is the iMac, but it was working, when I shift network device it breaks. On our iPhone 4 everything is fine... nothing has changed on the server in a very long time.

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

mikedrinks wrote:
Indigo touch was working over wifi, but left the house and now its asking for user and pass over 4G. I've turned LTE off, still no luck. This is a new iPhone 5 running 6.0 this time, no update. No other apps on the phone. Maybe this is the iMac, but it was working, when I shift network device it breaks. On our iPhone 4 everything is fine... nothing has changed on the server in a very long time.

So when you enter the username and password it fails?

It asking for the username/password when you leave the house and try to connect for the first time is normal -- the iOS stores the credentials for local Wi-Fi access with a different key than when it stores the reflector credentials. But once you authenticate once on local and once when away, it shouldn't ask you again.