Long names w/ multiple servers

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:05 am
gadgetnut offline

Long names w/ multiple servers

Hi. I have three Mac Minis running Indigo Pro 4.1.x in three separate buildings all on the same LAN and external IP address. I appreciate the Prism service very much, but I'm trying to set this up thru my dyndns service.

I've set up Indigo#1 with a static IP address and web server port 8176, Indigo#2 with static IP and web server port 8177, Indigo#3 with static IP and web server port 8178.

My dyndns name is has so many letters in it, from the Indigo Touch Settings>Choose a Server, all three servers look identical because I can't see the end of the address with the distinguishing port numbers.

Am I missing something or is there a way to edit "the name" of this server like "Main House," "Garage," etc., to make it easier to select?

Thank you.

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:32 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Long names w/ multiple servers

There is no way to have a custom name for manually entered servers.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:36 am
gadgetnut offline

Okay, got it. Alternatively, the beauty of the Prism solution is, it uses the LAN if available or seamlessly uses internet if not? I walk from building to building and my iPhone goes from WiFi to 3G and back... I want to be able to control by pushing a button once and not worry whether I'm on the LAN or not. Thanks.

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:38 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yep, it does its best to seamlessly switch between connections.

Page 1 of 1