1.5 comment

Posted on
Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:26 pm
berkinet offline

1.5 comment

Matt, Jay: One comment on the new release (other than it is a nice improvement overall).

Simple statement of the issue: I cannot change a 0 or 1 to a 2

There is a small gotcha in the variable editing pop-up selection heuristic. If the current value is a 1 or a 0 the logic assumes those are the only possible values (essentially boolean) and only lets me switch between one and zero. However, if the value is > 1, I can edit the value to any alphanumeric value. On the other hand, if I change an existing value (other than 0 or 1) to 0 or 1, then I am back at the boolean edit option.

If I had to choose, I'd prefer the full edit capability on any alpha or numeric value (I.e. anything except true and false). But, maybe you could you combine these these options or add the ability to have an "as" pull-down (boolean. string, number, real).

Anyway, this is not a big deal, but if you get a chance to fine tune it, well...

Posted on
Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:36 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: 1.5 comment

You should be able to click on the number to edit it manually (via touch keyboard). The heuristics just try to guess the type based on the value, then show additional buttons if that succeeds. But the manual editing should still work. Is it not?

Posted on
Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:33 pm
berkinet offline

(No subject)

I must be having a slow day. I never thought of tapping the text box to see if it would bring up the keyboard - it does. Work like a charm.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1