Full Screen Mode

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:19 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

dnomode wrote:
Hello,

I'm just wondering when we may get an update for this feature. I use "Control Page List" and "Control Page with hidden nav bar" and it crashes as soon as Indigo Touch opens on OS 3.0 with these links.

Thanks

Ed

Hey Ed, I can't reproduce your crash on my original iPhone. A couple of questions:

1) What hardware do you have (iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPod touch, etc)
2) Is your phone jailbroken (not sure if you can jb 3.0 yet or not)?
3) Do you have bluetooth turned on?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:39 am
dnomode offline

(No subject)

I'm using iPhone 3G, it's not jailbroken, and yes bluetooth is turned on, however it will also crash with bluetooth turned off.

Thank you

Ed

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:55 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Hi Ed,

I'm using a 3G as well and cannot reproduce the crash with the shipping OS 3. I have Bluetooth turned OFF to avoid the known OS 3.0 bug. Do the first 2 links work without crashing? What do you see when it crashes (how far does it get?)?

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:01 pm
dnomode offline

(No subject)

I made a mistake. I use mostly the fifth link that has the option that links to one of my control pages.
Code: Select all
indigo://controlpage/home?action=showPage
And sometimes the sixth link that hides the navigation bar. However all the links crash IndigoTouch on OS 3.0

My wife is using IndigoTouch on a first gen iPhone running 2.2.1, and has no problems. All the links work on her device and I had no problems running IndigoTouch before upgrading on the 17th.

I have tried this on three iPhone running 3.0 All the devices will restart IndigoTouch in the correct view, and display the control page list, the device list and even my control page correctly, however in about 3-4 seconds IndigoTouch crashes.

A few times I have been able to select one of the folders from the list view and IndigoTouch moved into that folder and displayed the control page or the devices in that folder, however once again it would crash, usally before everything in the folder displays on the screen.

Hope this helps.
Thank You
Ed :(

Posted on
Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:11 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

I will look into reproducing this problem some more, but it will be a few days. The top priority right now is getting the public beta of Indigo 4.1 released.

Posted on
Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Hi Ed,

I'm still unable to reproduce this crash. I've tried with an iPod touch and an iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0.1. For the iPhone 3G I tried using both cellular (3G) connectivity and Wi-Fi. I tried all of the links on the first page of this forum post, including one I just added that goes directly to a specific Control Page in my Indigo setup.

A couple of questions for you:

1) Does it ever not crash?

2) Have you tried it using Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity? If not, can you try both and see if both crash?

3) Can you try removing Indigo Touch from your iPhone and re-installing it?

And a question for everyone using Indigo Touch:

1) Has anyone else seen this problem?

Posted on
Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:47 pm
dnomode offline

(No subject)

1) Does it ever not crash?
No, it always crashes.

2) Have you tried it using Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity? If not, can you tried both and see if both crash?
I've tried both ways at home and away from home. Crashes.

3) Can you try removing Indigo Touch from your iPhone and re-installing it?
Did not help.

If you like I can email you my server settings so you can login on your phone, so you can see what's happening.

Thanks for your help.
Ed
Last edited by dnomode on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:05 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

dnomode wrote:
If you like I can email you my server settings so you can login on your phone, so you can see what's happening.

That would be great -- thanks. Email them to: indigo-support AT perceptiveautomation.com

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:41 pm
roussell offline

Re:

matt (support) wrote:
Yes. It is somewhat experimental though. If you put links like this on a HTML page you can access via iPhone Safari:
Code: Select all
indigo://controlpage/Office?action=showPage
indigo://controlpage/Office?action=showPage&hideNavBar=1

Matt & Jay,

Is it possible yet to launch a control page on Indigo Touch and hide the top navigation bar without using the html links above? Is there any file I can edit on the server side to always send the above options to hide the navbar?

Also, I'd like to kill the slide transitions between pages - I'd rather they just appear rather than having any type of transition.

Thanks,

Terry

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:54 pm
SpencerJRoberts offline

Re: Full Screen Mode

What about an option for hiding the bars and using gestures to navigate forward and back. Simple swipe left and swipe right should be fine. Just a thought :)

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:29 pm
CraigM offline

Dear Santa,

Please let the next iTouch version FINALLY have the ability to hide the top nav bar. For those of us with lots of pages with real navigation on them, having a back button is a joke and takes up valuable UI real estate.

Also, can we PLEASE have the option to kill the zoom? If you don't tap a page element dead center the page zooms in, what a pain! This happens way too many times per day especially controlling AV equipment where you are always tapping a lot of buttons.

+1 Kill the slide

Posted on
Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:50 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

All requests noted on our Indigo Touch wish list. :-)

Posted on
Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:38 am
SpencerJRoberts offline

matt (support) wrote:
All requests noted on our Indigo Touch wish list. :-)

:D

Posted on
Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:13 pm
steinis offline

Is it possible to remove the zoom function now? :)

Posted on
Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:38 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

No, but that feature is still on the request list.