Hide tab bar issue

Posted on
Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:01 am
durosity offline

Hide tab bar issue

I've just came across an odd problem with a control page which is set to not hide the tab bar in indigo touch so I can easily navigate back to devices, etc.. Even although the tab isn't set to be hidden it's not showing up on the control page and I've tried changing the setting on various pages but still no joy. It does however show up on an old iOS 6 device so I guess it must be iOS 8 specific? I know you've got v2 on the way so that may resolve the problem (or remove the need for it all together?), but just thought I'd flag it up anyway just in case.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:48 pm
roussell offline

Re: Hide tab bar issue

Yeh, it's an old one... Although the guys did promise to fix it in the next release. :D

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7038&p=50402&hilit=tab+bar#p50402

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:43 am
durosity offline

Ah super! I had a search but couldn't find it. Roll on v2.0!... And then v3.0 ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:00 am
howartp offline

I presume v3 have the ability to configure Indigo without ever needing to access the Mac??

Install plugins, add devices, modify triggers....

;-)

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:51 am
durosity offline

Oh v3 will even do the laundry for you! I should know, I've been private beta testing it! You know what the best feature is? The hologram generator.. It can make it look like you're at work when you're really in bed writing Python scripts :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:55 am
howartp offline

Any chance of a time machine built in?

Been in bed ill three days but I've got a theatre show to run starting next weekend - can't afford to not be there finishing rigging etc and missing final rehearsals :-(

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:36 am
durosity offline

No, that's version 4.0.. but there's no ETA on that one arriving.

And quit being such a baby and get out of bed.. unless it's man flu, in which case you're stuffed..

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:50 am
howartp offline

:-(

Don't want to be sick everywhere else in the house as well!

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:49 am
RogueProeliator offline

You know what the best feature is? The hologram generator.. It can make it look like you're at work when you're really in bed writing Python scripts

You don't actually need v3.0 for that... so what you do is install VNC on your computer and access it from home on your phone or tablet; just move the mouse around, open programs, etc. so that if anyone goes into the office they think you just stepped out. Be sure you have installed a controller for the light switch, of course. Every now and then print something out on the printer and people will think you just forgot about picking it up. A camera feed in the office might help in checking on things. To get fancy, attach a WiFi-controller remote control car to the bottom of your chair to move it around a bit, or even better a quad copter to move papers around the desk. Shade control would be a further bonus.

SO, basically we have a new marketing direction for Indigo - "The OFFICE Automation System for Lazy Workers"

Adam

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:50 am
howartp offline

:-)

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:20 am
durosity offline

Yes. But that all involves manual effort.. And indigo is all about the automating of tasks.. Hence why indigo touch 4.0 can actually replace you! It'll go to work for you and do whatever tasks it needs to keep you employed, it'll mow the lawn, do the laundry, buy presents for the wife so you don't need to ever worry about forgetting anniversaries... And best of all it'll even go jogging for you.

Come on Matt & Jay, get a crack on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:28 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We have codenamed Indigo Touch "Singularity", so durosity is pretty close.

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:33 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Yes. But that all involves manual effort.. And indigo is all about the automating of tasks.. Hence why indigo touch 4.0 can actually replace you! It'll go to work for you and do whatever tasks it needs to keep you employed, it'll mow the lawn, do the laundry, buy presents for the wife so you don't need to ever worry about forgetting anniversaries... And best of all it'll even go jogging for you.

So, basically, it makes it to where your significant other other likes Indigo Touch 4 more than you? I think maybe I'll pass... :-)

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:21 pm
roussell offline

Indigo Touch 4 (AKA Singularity) will steal your woman and drink all your beer.

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:33 pm
durosity offline

roussell wrote:
Indigo Touch 4 (AKA Singularity) will steal your woman and drink all your beer.

I'm now starting to worry that with indigo touch 4 I will end up being the Lackie that does everything for it!

(And also isn't a singularity the centre of a black hole? Does that mean all your efforts go into it but noting ever comes out? ;) )

Computer says no.