[ANSWERED] Indigo touch update

Posted on
Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:46 pm
arobase offline

[ANSWERED] Indigo touch update

If you guys need help in updating indigo touch for iPhone 5 and iOS 7 let me know. Be glad to help. Thanks for all your hard work in v6 as well!

Posted on
Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:57 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo touch update

Thanks, we'll be turning our attention to it once Indigo 6 is finalized.

Posted on
Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:46 pm
arobase offline

Very cool! Can't wait. Just let me know if you want any help. Use Indigo every day. Seems to run fine under iOS 7 BTW. Sure you have already tested though.

Posted on
Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:44 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Not really - I just did a very quick install and looked at a screen or two. We rarely do any testing this early in the beta cycle. We certainly don't support it this early.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:37 pm
cutmoney offline

I was just wondering if there is any plan for an update to Indigo Touch? I know it's been nearly three years now and, while it has been functionally working, there are a few issues that are starting to catch up with the old version. What I've noticed at this point are the following issues:

(1) The layout does not take advantage of the iPhone 5/5s/5c screen real estate
(2) biggest issue: there seems to be incompatibility with apps running in the background (e.g. Maps, VoIP software, etc.) which causes the app to not respond. In other words, if I have navigation (or another background app running (with the "tap to return to Navigation" bar at the top), Indigo Touch is completely unresponsive and will not function until I return to the other app and stop the active task.
(3) Design is no longer up to date with iOS 7.
(4) None of the APIs that have been released in the last three iOS updates have been taken advantage of (notifications, background, etc.)

I just wondered if there is a planned version in the works, I'd love to see a revamped version!

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:27 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, but no ETA yet.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:14 pm
bcmayes offline

Well it looks like you've got an iOS 7 ready icon. So there's that. :wink:

Mac mini 1.25, 1024MB RAM; Indigo 2.0

Posted on
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:04 am
puppycrack offline

Has there been any update on an ETA for an Indigo Touch update? My iPhone is my primary control unit, and I'd gladly pay for an updated app :D. Thanks!

-pc

Posted on
Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:33 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

No ETA but it is top priority right now. :-)

Posted on
Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm
cutmoney offline

Any ETA yet on a new iOS app yet? I know a few more months have passed since the last post and I haven't heard any news. I'm just getting kind of anxious here since it's been 3.5 years since the last update.

Posted on
Tue May 20, 2014 9:10 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry, but no ETA. It is definitely one of our top priorities right now though.

Posted on
Wed May 28, 2014 10:25 am
mooshee offline

Re: [ANSWERED] Indigo touch update

I'm a 4 year independant iOS contractor/developer. Any chance you guys need some professional help to finish up the app? If not, I'm thinking about building my own off your RESTful API soon :)

Posted on
Wed May 28, 2014 9:06 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

mooshee wrote:
I'm a 4 year independant iOS contractor/developer. Any chance you guys need some professional help to finish up the app? If not, I'm thinking about building my own off your RESTful API soon :)

Thanks for the offer, but once we finish the current high priority task (very soon) we should have time to focus our attentions back to Indigo Touch. It has been bouncing between #1 and #2 priority for a while and is about to become #1 priority again. I promise we won't have to live with those stripes of wasted black pixels on the iPhone 5 forever. :-)

Posted on
Thu May 29, 2014 1:33 am
durosity offline

matt (support) wrote:
I promise we won't have to live with those stripes of wasted black pixels on the iPhone 5 forever. :-)

Just in time for the iPhone 6 with its 72" screen ;) (every rumour i read increases the size.. so i reckon by the time we get to september it'll be atleast 3 feet wide.. and will likely come in every colour except black and white.. because that's soooo 2013.)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri May 30, 2014 7:11 am
mooshee offline

If it weren't for the wonky iOS 7 status bar, converting apps to all of the different devices wouldn't be so bad.

I'm holding out for the rainbow iPhone.