CP Image Resizing?

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:33 pm
CraigM offline

CP Image Resizing?

I'm looking for a way to use the NOAA Condition+.png image library in different dimensions within a CP page. Probably:
- Large, full sized image = Current conditions
- Smaller images = 7 day forecast

I don't see any way to re-size an image in the editor, any workarounds?

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:59 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: CP Image Resizing?

Images show in their native resolution/size. We downloaded those directly from NOAA so they came that size. You could of course create your own at larger and smaller sizes.

Better image handling on control pages is on the list of feature requests for the control page editor - something we hope to do some significant work on in the next major release (after Indigo 6).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:26 pm
CraigM offline

Jay, my plan was always to redesign the NOAA images, larger and higher rez. But my confusion is the smaller version.

Are you saying that if I have a duplicate set of smaller images and name them something like NOAA Condition_small+.png , the NOAA and NOAA+ plugins will understand that?

If so, that's easy. I was under the impression that the NOAA feed needed to match NOAA Condition+.png name exactly to update properly.

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:43 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The plugin is completely separate from the images. The image names (which I changed from the NOAA download) just follow the custom image heuristics to match the values that the NOAA feed presents and we insert into the weather station device states. (I can't speak to NOAA+ since that's not our plugin)

In the control page editor, you'd just select your "NOAA Condition_small+.png" image file(s) as the image rather than our "NOAA Condition+.png" file. Once you created the set that is.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:36 pm
nsheldon offline

jay (support) wrote:
...(I can't speak to NOAA+ since that's not our plugin)...

The same is true for NOAA Weather Plus. All weather condition and forecast state icon names are taken from the NOAA feed and (so far) match the naming convention reflected in the feed used by the bundled NOAA Weather plugin from Perceptive Automation.

Page 1 of 1