embedded url live stream in existing control page

Posted on
Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:43 pm
kw123 offline

embedded url live stream in existing control page

I would like to integrate continuos live stream from security spy into existing ipad page.

display on a separate control page works fine

tried continuos refreshing image with the following
http://userid:password@192.168.x.y:8010 ... height=240
nothing happens

it works when displaying on new page.

any suggestion?

[UPDATE} works with "++image?camera=..." instead of "++liveview?...
then set update frequency to 1/second

Karl

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:37 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: embedded url live stream in existing control page

Hi Karl - please note that if you use the prism reflector to view a page from outside of your local network with a refreshing image URL set to refresh that quickly we'll most likely have to disable your reflector. We don't currently charge for the prism reflector service - but all internet traffic through user's reflectors goes through our servers - so we're paying for the bandwidth. We're ok with periodic refreshing of image files but updating every 1 second is going to cost us considerable money which we can't recoup.

If you really need remote access to near-realtime video feeds we recommend that you open a hole in your network's firewall and connect directly either to the video source itself or to your Indigo server. This would bypass sending your traffic through our reflector servers. And, of course, if you're only viewing that page on your local network then there's no problem.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:17 am
kw123 offline

Re: embedded url live stream in existing control page

While outside I will be using using my public IP number with port forwarding, but thanks for the warning... I understand

Karl

Page 1 of 1