Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:49 pm
dtich offline

CallerID on control pages....

(reposted from another thread...)

ok, -- GOT IT WORKING. silica needed a little restart to see the script... all good. really cool.

the id disappears after a preset time.. 1 min right now... or you can click and make it gone. it displays on the 3 most frequently used control pages, but could on all if need be.

glad to post the code and pointers to the callerid app if anyone else is interested..

i took these screen shots from work btw, so i can now actually see who calls the house while i'm gone... like i'd ever want to do that! lol.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:54 pm
ajturner offline

(No subject)

What about storing a log of numbers and having that on a control page so you could see who's called today?

Control Indigo from anywhere in the world:
http://highearthorbit.com/software/indigowidget

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:53 pm
JohnD offline

(No subject)

bcmayes wrote:
What are people using to create floorplans? The inexpensive home design software is PC only and I don't want to shell out for AutoCAD or something like that.

I love OmniGraffle, which can be used to make some very professional floorplans.

The previously mentioned Punch! is also very good and does 3D as well.

John

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:59 pm
dtich offline

(No subject)

ajturner wrote:
What about storing a log of numbers and having that on a control page so you could see who's called today?

well, but i was serious when i said i didn't want to know who called. : )

Posted on
Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:19 am
martinc offline

Rain 8

Hello,

I have my Rain8M sprinkler system up and running and was trying to figure out how my control page could display the currant Zone thats on. I can list zones 1-6 with off and on but really just want a line of text to display Zone 3 on, I am guessing this is done with a Variable but not sure, please any help would be great.

Thanks.

Posted on
Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:48 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Rain 8

Are you using the Indigo 2.0 sprinkler Device types (EZRain, Rain8, or IrrMaster) or are you using an AppleScript for your sprinkler scheduling? I recommend the former in Indigo 2.0 because it will let you show details of the active sprinkler schedule in a Control Page. In fact, I just posted a new build (2.0.5) which lets you create Control Page elements that show both the current zone, as well as the on/off status of all the individual zones. Here is an example:

http://goprism.com:8000/controlpage?name=1st_floor

Note the green text which shows the current overall status of the sprinkler device and the individual radio buttons, each of which is a separate control, that show the individual on/off status of each zone.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:54 pm
martinc offline

(No subject)

Matt, Matt, Matt you are nothing short of a genius!

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you,
Martin.

p.s To answer your question I am using v2.0 (2.0.5) with Rain8M.

Posted on
Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Thanks Martin -- and thanks for the VersionTracker rating. :-)

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:17 am
mric offline

(No subject)

New home in July, so new webpage :)

Not finish ..

Mric

Posted on
Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:50 am
Mark offline

(No subject)

Well, this is what I have so far...

I read a post where someone was using dark pages to keep the glare down at night, and I really liked the idea, so here's my version of that. With this color scheme, the devices that are on really stand out.

Screenshot 1 shows my main control page, an overview of my system. Of note: the red bars are ApplianceLincs with a small red light plugged into them that fire when my garage door is open (can't seem to remember to keep that shut!).

Screenshot 2 shows a "detail view" of one section of my home. I have several of these pages. Of note: clicking a device's icon on these detail pages toggles the device, but clicking the name of the device brings up the Popup UI Control (which I've modified a bit to blend in with the "dark" theme).

Screenshot 3 shows my control page for various components: fish tank, EZIO8T, sprinklers, computers, etc. AppleScript is a wonderful thing! I'm hoping to add motion detection, thermostat, AV remote control eventually (might need a new page for all that!).

Screenshot 4 shows a page that is a bit non-intuitive. It's a matrix that displays all the wall switches in my setup (one-, two- and four-gang switch plates at various locations on various floors). I'm using Indigo's ability to detect double-taps from SwitchLincs to control various actions. I walk in a room, "double-click" a light switch, and Indigo sets up the lighting scene, turns on the stereo, etc. But since I created so many of these (and my memory is shot!!) I had to create a page to keep track of them all!

Along the bottom of each page is a row of buttons that control variables. For example, the Double button toggles the "double" variable. When it's on, all the double-tap functions, mentioned above, are active. But when guests are over, I just click the Double button and none of the double-taps work (so guests aren't inadvertently setting things off).

I also developed a "Help" page (not shown) which is just a text glossary of all the various buttons, controls and actions. Very helpful when I forget exactly what a certain Action is supposed to do.

Also very proud of my latest addition: one of the outputs of my EZIO8T triggers the garage door button. So I can open and close the garage door from my computer. More helpful will be the ability to do that from my cell phone (once I get Phlink implemented). Have you ever needed to let someone in your house when you weren't home? That'll be cool.

Mystery device!! What is that little gizmo on Screenshot 1 that has six colored lights on it?!? Wouldn't you like to know!!?!!

If you're interested in what I'm doing here, how I did it, or any of the graphics, just give a shout. I'd be happy to share!

Posted on
Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:02 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Wow -- impressive! I really like your design. Easy-to-read, simple, but still attractive.

Matt

Posted on
Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:45 am
Rickk offline

(No subject)

That is a great looking design.
What graphics software are you using?

Posted on
Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:58 am
Mark offline

(No subject)

Rickk wrote:
That is a great looking design.
What graphics software are you using?

I did the original floorplan sketches in FreeHand, to get the dimensions right, but then imported those into Photoshop.

Then Photoshop for everything else.

Here's a tip. For the colored lights, I just opened the stock, yellow light in Photoshop and used the Hue/Saturation tool to shift the color. Easy!

Posted on
Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:03 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Mark wrote:
I did the original floorplan sketches in FreeHand, to get the dimensions right, but then imported those into Photoshop.

Great! I was a developer on the FreeHand team for years. Now if you had imported those into Fireworks I would really be happy -- I was one of the original developers on Fireworks and later led the engineering on it.

Matt

Posted on
Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:13 am
gza offline

(No subject)

Page 10 of 68 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 68