Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:25 pm
Dewster35 offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

For what it's worth, I have used this program to batch covert my image files. I do most of my editing in acorn. I just drag and drop the files onto the application. No settings, not buttons, it just runs and gets compression to what I think isn't really a noticeable difference for my purposes on an ipad 2 and an iphone 5.

http://imageoptim.com

Posted on
Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:36 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Thanks for all the tips. I wasn't aware that a .png could be compressed like a jpg.
If CP's could load jpg's that might help quite a bit.

Carl

Posted on
Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:02 am
SpencerJRoberts offline

Here's our new page for changing our thermostat schedule
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-07-06 at 8.58.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-07-06 at 8.58.27 AM.png (108.25 KiB) Viewed 9934 times

Posted on
Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:28 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Looks great. Curious how it works.

Carl

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:05 am
SpencerJRoberts offline

Thanks! Well I wrote a python script for our thermostat scheduling and initially it was just whatever schedule we decided on, but now with the gift of some free time and boredom I decided to make the schedule easily changeable. Basically there is a script that gets run every 15 minutes to determine if the thermostat should change, and it grabs the times from those numbers on the control page which are Indigo variables. If you want more details I can show you some actual code, although you'll probably just laugh at it! I'm a novice scripter and simply learn things as I find problems to solve :mrgreen:

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:49 am
Dewster35 offline

Does the red denote heating and blue denote cooling or were you simply trying to give a visual representation of the break points in the schedule?

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:34 am
SpencerJRoberts offline

We don't have cooling, but I just used blue anyways to denote a non-heating period where the thermostat is set at a low temperature.

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:10 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Great stuff, thanks for posting.

Carl

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:06 pm
SpencerJRoberts offline

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:18 pm
ethanw offline

Mike can you please share how are your plotting the temperatures of your thermostats? Thanks much partner

mikeL wrote:
Here's one of my iPad Control Pages for your consideration. I recently figured out how to use gnuplot (thanks to forum postings going back a few years) and now have real-time graphs of the temperatures around my house. The temperatures are gathered using one-wire sensors connected to an Arduino that Indigo talks to every 5 minutes and from my Nest thermostat. From the Nest I'm also plotting the operational state of the HVAC heating and cooling (0=Off, 1=On) and the setpoint.
Cheers,
Mike

Posted on
Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:39 am
mikeL offline

ethanw wrote:
Mike can you please share how are your plotting the temperatures of your thermostats? Thanks much partner

Ethan, I'm using the unix utility 'gnuplot' to do the plotting from temperature readings saved in text files. I use Indigo events to call scripts every five minutes to update the temperature data and to call gnuplot. The output from gnuplot is a png graphic file; the png files are served by IndigoServer. The latest graphic file generated by gnuplot just overwrites the previous file, so the latest data is always shown. Works perfectly!

Let me know if you have any more specific questions. You'll find some of my code if you search for 'Graphing with IWS' on this forum.

Cheers,
Mike

Posted on
Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 am
ckeyes888 offline

Way back on page 5 of this thread there's a CP with what appears to be slider images
to control brightness. I am aware of the popup sliders but have never seen any other
method where you could drag on an image to adjust.

Is this possible somehow?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:14 am
RogueProeliator offline

The way I have done it for a volume slider on my control page is to include small "<<" and ">>" buttons to the left and right respectively which change the value a set amount. For volume, I actually do two buttons on each side - a large & small step for each direction, but dimming lights could work the same basic way. Clicking the slider directly can bring up the standard brightness popup.

Posted on
Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:00 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Thanks, gotcha. Do you use a bunch of images that reflect the change in the slider?
Thinking I might make a bunch of small blank png's across a slider image that
would adjust volume and the slider image accordingly.

Although I'm sure most people when seeing a slider will try to drag it around to adjust.

Carl

Posted on
Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:36 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I made a series of PNGs that represented every 5 units of value and let the control page heuristics determine the best image to show. I thought about doing something similar to what you describe in terms of many small images, but decided that I didn't want to manage that many (I have a lot of slider bars on my control page, just wasn't worth the effort).

Page 25 of 68 1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 68