Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:48 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

There are never finished, but here are three of the "almost" finished control pages that I have... these are designed to run on a 22" Android touchscreen monitor (1080p). Definitely was inspired by multiple examples in this thread, so figured I would post some in case it gives any others more ideas...

Adam
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 10.12.07 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 10.12.07 PM.jpg (380.7 KiB) Viewed 9686 times
Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 10.11.58 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 10.11.58 PM.jpg (292.25 KiB) Viewed 9686 times
Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 10.11.40 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 10.11.40 PM.jpg (369.17 KiB) Viewed 9686 times
Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 10.07.36 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 10.07.36 PM.jpg (392.9 KiB) Viewed 9686 times

Posted on
Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:07 am
durosity offline

Nice one.. How do you get the sliders to work? I thought IWS wasn't capable of that on a control page?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:14 am
RogueProeliator offline

They don't work exactly as sliders... just give the appearance of such. You cannot actually touch-and-slide to change the value. The buttons to the left and right on the audio page increment and decrement the value by 1 and 5 respectively for the small/large adjustment buttons. This updates the slider image via the standard control page image heuristics. For lights, I simply pop up the standard dimmer value selection that Indigo has built-in upon clicking the slider. This doesn't look the best on Android, but I use it so infrequently that it hasn't been an issue.

You can actually put multiple images/buttons on top of the slider and simulate clicking straight to a particular value; this worked, however, I didn't find it worth the effort with so many to implement!

Posted on
Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:25 am
durosity offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
They don't work exactly as sliders... just give the appearance of such. You cannot actually touch-and-slide to change the value. The buttons to the left and right on the audio page increment and decrement the value by 1 and 5 respectively for the small/large adjustment buttons. This updates the slider image via the standard control page image heuristics. For lights, I simply pop up the standard dimmer value selection that Indigo has built-in upon clicking the slider. This doesn't look the best on Android, but I use it so infrequently that it hasn't been an issue.

You can actually put multiple images/buttons on top of the slider and simulate clicking straight to a particular value; this worked, however, I didn't find it worth the effort with so many to implement!

Ah yes that’s pretty much what i’ve done in the past.. i was hoping you might’ve made some little hack to make it work like a native slider ;) Oh well, wish list for the next version of Indigo Touch.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:18 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Ah yes that’s pretty much what i’ve done in the past.. i was hoping you might’ve made some little hack to make it work like a native slider

I did manage to get a real slider on the control page (HTML based so wouldn't even work on Indigo Touch, but I was/am dealing with Android); however, the method to get it on is ugly and had too many downsides to be worth the benefit, so I abandoned it.

Posted on
Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:38 pm
jltnol offline

So I don't have any pages to show just yet, but was wondering if there is a way to make a text field take up more than one line... As far as I can tell, I can make them wider, but not two lines tall... yes? no? How? :)

Posted on
Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:05 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Nope - multi-line text areas is definitely on our feature request list however.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:27 am
durosity offline

jltnol wrote:
So I don't have any pages to show just yet, but was wondering if there is a way to make a text field take up more than one line... As far as I can tell, I can make them wider, but not two lines tall... yes? no? How? :)

You could possibly modify the script on this page here to allow you to split the information over several lines. It's not idea but works well, certainly in my setup anyway. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6457&p=39714&hilit=weather+script+iphone#p39714

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:22 pm
jltnol offline

No biggie. I can live without it...

Mainly wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything...

Posted on
Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:47 pm
thedon offline

OK OK
Who is willing to take some money from me to make me some control pages?
Mine sucks!

I bought roomie which is awesome, but doesn't do anything my Indigo touch can't (except look sweet and easy set up devices)
RogueProeliator I'm looking at you!

What would be cool is some sort of exchange.
People have been kind enough to send me there buttons but that only goes so far.

Any thoughts?? My pay pal is warmed up and ready to go ha ha

Posted on
Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:17 pm
SpencerJRoberts offline

Tis the season - got the Christmas tree device icon up for the holidays :mrgreen:
Attachments
srob_CP_xmas.png
srob_CP_xmas.png (404.38 KiB) Viewed 9314 times

Posted on
Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:23 am
1bigdawg offline

New to Indigo and home automation in general, pretty good with computers and working with software once I understand how.

There are some very cool Control Pages on this post and I'm wondering about backgrounds.

It does not appear that you can do much with backgrounds on the control page other than add one from a background image folder.

I added a very basic .png file of our floor plan which I created in photoshop elements that works so I'm assuming that most of the backgrounds were created using some type of graphics software that can save files an .png. Am I on the right track?

Are there any sites with templates that you can use?

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:35 pm
SpencerJRoberts offline

1bigdawg wrote:
I added a very basic .png file of our floor plan which I created in photoshop elements that works so I'm assuming that most of the backgrounds were created using some type of graphics software that can save files an .png. Am I on the right track?

Yup, that's what most of us do, I use GIMP personally. No templates that I'm aware of, everyones home automation needs are different so people tend to build their UI's around what is important to them.

I know Matt and Jay want to see better UI tools for a future release (basic shapes, resizing, better grid functionality) but who knows when they will be implemented - for now we make do!

Posted on
Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:43 pm
Indy_Larry offline

guitar486 wrote:
Tis the season - got the Christmas tree device icon up for the holidays :mrgreen:

I'm just getting into this, but I can say your display rocks......

Posted on
Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:58 pm
macpro offline

Here's my latest project. My goal is to get a cheap-ass Android tablet and show a couple of control pages in full screen mode.
Then I'll "nail" that tablet to the wall in the living room and I have a nice control unit.

It's still a work in progress and I'm not entirely happy with the layouts.

The home page. Shows the current song playing on the SqueezeBox, including art work.

But when the TV is playing, it shows the name and logo of the current channel.

Lights, audio and TV have some controls, but are still far from complete and still need work.

Page 27 of 68 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 68